Chapter 8: Not Afraid

Xavier looked over to me, as Luke and Jacob stepped out of the car.

"This is my territory, you are allowed to go anywhere you want, but you're either with me or the guys or with an assigned guard." His eyes watching my every move, my reactions. "You will be staying with me in the main house, the top floor has been transformed into a loft. My territory is larger than this area, but this is where I stay." He gets out of the car, and I follow.

He leads me inside the house, up stairs and through some hallways, and we finally ended up going up another flight of stairs ending up in front of a door.

"This is our loft, you can look around, if you like." His eyes watched me intensely as I walked around the living room, it was simple, a couch set and a table, I walked towards the fireplace, lightly dragging my fingers on the top of the shelf it has.

I walk towards an opening, I walk into the kitchen, simple cream with a beige marble island in the middle, I gently ran my fingers on the table as I had done the fire place. This was a kitchen I certainly wanted to cook in, it was divine, I heard a chuckle behind me.
I turn towards the door, to see Xavier smirking, leaning against the door frame. I've never seen a more perfect site in my life.

"I don't have a lot of food, but if you give me a list of things we need then I'll be more and happy to get it for you...I mean if that's what you want." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "I knew you wouldn't want to share a room with me...obviously" he mumbled the last part "I have an extra bedroom you can have, you have your own balcony and closet and bathroom."
"Okay..." I trailed off, I didn't know what to feel right now. But one thing is clear: I wasn't scared.

Wasn't I suppose to be?
This man kidnapped me...
He ripped the life I was suppose to have away from me.
I was suppose to be afraid.
Wasn't I?
Why the hell am I not afraid of the man standing right in front of me? The man who ripped me away from the chance I was given to actually live a life worth living?
Why the hell am I not afraid?