Chapter 50: Calm Down

"Xavier is my...He's my..." I took a deep breath, and I broke past the guards, I stood there in front of my father "Xavier is my person. I left home for me, I left home to stand on my own, and I left home to find happiness. I did not abandon my family- I just left to live." Xavier won't let him hurt me, he wouldn't.

"There is a difference between living and existing, and all I ever did was exist. So you can be angry with me, but I decided to be EXACTLY what you have called me my entire life. I decided to be selfish daddy, and you cannot stand here in front of me and challenge that. I told you- and mom- I wanted to die, I told you I did not see any beauty in my existence. And you were more concerned about what the neighbors thought about the scars on my skin, that you didn't even notice the stars had left from my eyes. You always told me that if I looked in the mirror and saw something I didn't like was to change it. So I did. I changed the mirror Dad, I changed it when I realized it was easier to get a new mirror than gluing all the shattered pieces back together, the image was distorted dad, how was I suppose to see myself if the mirror itself was destroyed."

"Daddy- I asked you to see. I asked you to see that there was something wrong with me. I asked you for help. I asked Daddy I asked! And you stood there big and strong getting upset that I was not okay. You told me to man up- but how could I man up?! I was in this hole and it was destroying me dad. It was destroying me! I couldn't breathe Daddy I couldn't! So I left- I had to leave. I left to live Daddy- why blame me for that?"

Everyone stood there shocked, that I opened my mouth to my father. He even stood there shocked. I walked out of the room- my anxiety reaching its limit, I couldn't breathe.

And to make matters worse. To make it truly worse- there's this asshole is standing in front of me.

"Ace..." He started.

"Ace." Xavier calmly walked up to me, my anxiety getting worse.

"She's having a panic attack." He stated.

Xavier looked at him as if he was stupid. "Who the hell are you? Don't you think I know that. Wait shut up- you're irrelevant right now" Xavier looked back at me, "Ace, baby listen to my voice" he moved closer to me placing his hands on my waist pulling me closer to him. He lowered his head, his lips touched the place he 'marked', "Ace, baby please calm down." He mumbled into my neck, wrapping his arms around my waist "I'm not good at calming you down baby girl, I know I'm not the best, but I love you, I truly love you. Fuck what you think you know about love- I'll re-teach you baby, we can teach each other, but just calm down."

"Don't make me pay for his mistakes."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, my anxiety lowering, he's calming me down. His arms tightened around me, and for that moment I forgot about everything, I forgot about the problems I had, I forgot everyone existed. Because the only thing that mattered was Xavier.

MHM someone cleared their throat. Xavier pulled back, but he didn't break away. He glared at the person, and then I realized who it was.

"Ace, it's been a long time. How have you been?" He stated, looking between Xavier and I.

"Can you leave, you're interrupting the moment." Xavier stated bluntly.

He looked pissed, Xavier let me go and placed himself in front of me.

"Who the hell are you?" Xavier practically growled.

"Why won't you let Ace answer that." He smirked.

"I didn't ask my girl, I asked you." Xavier stated.

"You're girl? You sure about that?" He pushed.

"Yeah, he's sure about that." I stated, "That's Rob."