Chapter 29: Protect Me Mr. Alpha

I jumped awake, looking around frantically- I saw Xavier asleep on the chair- half on and half on the bed. Just like before the urge to run my hands through his hair ran through me, but this time I didn't stop it. I ran my hand through his hair, I tried to move but my stomach was killing me, and then I remembered what he did. My hands launched to my stomach. He wasn't trying to kill me, he was trying to make sure I could never have children.
"Xavier values family above all, and killing you would kill him and he would suffer greatly, but he will suffer more knowing you can never carry his pups, never give him an heir. He can never have his own family, and that will do more than make him suffer. It will destroy him." A smirk crossed the mans face "and you will be nothing more than a barren mate"
Act calm I reminded myself. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS YOU SICK BASTARD." He wasn't amused, he punched me hard causing blood to run from an open cut on my face.
"If I was you, I'd mined my words, human."
"Human are not, I know what a man is, and you are most definitely a little fucking bitch." Another blow, and another, a loud growl and then tipping of clothing and breaking of bones.
I hit a nerve. Time to hit some more. It was my only chance, when people get angry they get sloppy, they make mistakes. I need him to make mistakes.
"Xavier is twice the man that you are! He will be a better father! No wonder the little girl ran away! She couldn't stand looking at you! You're disgusting!" He growled more, that's what I needed. But I needed him angrier "I doubt your mate ever loved a man- no a little bitch like you!" I scream, he lunges. He claws caught the flesh on my arm peeling it off ever so slightly, I run. Still only seeing red he lunged again, he got the back of my legs, and I feel, I got up and I knew I couldn't outrun him, he jumps in front of me. His claws tearing at my stomach, my chest, and my waist.
I'm getting dizzy from the blood lost, but I need to run! He hit a tree, his mistake. I run, I run losing a lot of blood. A wolf is in front of me, very large. "I hope you're a werewolf...please find me the Alpha of the Harvest Pack. Please..." I collapse, still half conscious as he shifts and carry me to a cave where I assume the people are his family, before he shifts and runs out. The last thing I see is a brown wolf running away from me.
"Xavier..." The words leave my lips, before the darkness consumes me.

"Protect me Mr. Alpha...you promised you would..." I say to the sleeping Alpha in front of me.
"I plan to." He mumbles as he looks up at me.

I thought he was asleep...