Chapter 67: Prophecy (Part 2) NO ONES POV

"It's an ancient hidden prophecy passed down to the elders." The oldest Epsilon spoke, "It goes:

"When the moon goddess was still human, no one knew how she came to be. She didn't have any family, she was all alone, before time ever started, she saved a deadly animal- a wolf- actually the wolf was just a pup. The pup lost it's pack, and Sabrina (the goddess) was very much alone as well. So she cared for the pup, raising the scared creature. She took the wolf everywhere she went, protecting the pup. She named him Xace. 

"When the pup grew into a large wolf- he found his pack, well his pack found him. He wasn't a weak wolf either, she taught him all the things wolves should do. Including being as loyal as can be. So when it was time for him to choose, he chose to stay, but since he was the Alpha's son, the pack wouldn't allow it. So Xace decided to bite Sabrina- on her collarbone. Deep enough to leave impressions, but not deep enough to kill her. 

"And she bore a scar- she was very afraid of the wolf since that day- and was very realized when he couldn't stay. Not one wolf understood why Xace did it, and neither did Sabrina. Wounded, scared, and now very much alone she wept on a hill. 

"They say a large white wolf then appeared from the forest, and came to her as she wept and cursed the gods. The wolf watched as the tears and blood drained from her body as she laid on the ground, blood mixing with salt filled tears on the green and muddy ground.  Years passed, it was like the weeds held her to the ground, yet she never tried to move otherwise.

"'Why must he leave, and harm me as he did. He was the only family I have ever known.' she lied in her blood and tears as the wolf watched her slowly die as time passed. Never moving  and never changing. When Sabrina's heart stopped beating the wolf howled, calling her spirit to stay. Sabrina's spirit looked at the wolf and finally he spoke: 'You cared for one of mine for a very long time, but he did not betray you he put his blood into yours with that bite marking you and mixing blood so that when you were to die your spirit can go to where our spirits go. You suffered and cried, but not just because of the pain from your wounds, but the pain from your heart. I need you to care for them all the way you cared for Xace, because you taught him humanity, love, and intelligence. How to hunt, and swim, and care for wounds, you taught him to survive. Will you care for them all like this? Will you find their other halves, the ones who can teach them humanity as well?'  'Yes.' Sabrina replied becoming the Moon Goddess from that day.

"'Good, because one day a child will be born to the human world again, and she will find a wolf mate, the reincarnation of  I- the reason wolves exist, I am the creator of my kind the first, because this life was not fair to you, Xace was your mate, because that bond was unbreakable. When she is born this will be the only time a wolf will have a human mate, and she will bare children stronger than all, she will be the elite. She will be the Mixed Blood Queen, and I will be her Alpha. She will not be a wolf, yet stronger than all of them combined. And you my fair goddess will protect this child because she is my mate, and will rule us all. She will be tested and will have to fight, because the power she hold is much more powerful than I. She  will be the good in this life. She will be the end or the beginning. She is the reason for my existence. Yet I won't remember this- my human mate is the reason we exist. So, one day you will make a new kind of wolf, and you will be their goddess.'  Not understanding what he meant she still agreed ready to fight for the child not yet born to be."

"Everyone wants your mate because she will be a new kind, and the children she will bare will be more powerful than any. They don't want her dead, they want her alive. This hidden prophecy  is the reason we live. Because, she is the end or the beginning. She is the reason we are not extinct. We were made to find her, where is your mate?" The Epilson trailed off...

"I let her go..." Xavier spoke, realizing his mistake. They didn't come to harm her. They came to harm him. He let her go- and now she must fend for herself.