Chapter 66: Prophecy (part 1) Xavier's POV

350 dead from their pack alone, 213 dead from mine, and among those numbers my father was not found.

Walking around the dead bodies, their youngest fighter was just 12- just a child.

They let a child fight a war for adults- the twelve year old fought hard, such a shame Jacob ripped his throat out so easily. 

Blood, and bodies scattered everywhere. We gather our bodies to bury them, we grab theirs to burn them. Their 'surrenders' were taken to my bloody game room. 

And their new Alpha, hasn't claimed his place. 

I go to my office after the bodies were burned and surrenders were taken away. 

My mate sitting their with Iyonnah. Well more like Iyonnah ready to pounce on anyone who walks in the door. And then the smell and scene hit me, there was blood and a body, and not just any body- it was an Alpha, their Alpha. 

I looked at Iyonnah, and she looked at Ace, Ace sat there with the gun in here hands and no emotions in her eyes. 

Ace killed the Alpha, Ace is human- of course she can't claim the pack, and  I can't do  it for her because we aren't fully mated. The Sapphire Pack- just all became rouges. 

Their territory becoming the land of the rogues. 

This wasn't just going to be a war, it was going to be a bloodbath. 

I grabbed Ace, and practically dragged her to the loft. 
They wanted her, the prophecy, whatever the hell it was, everyone's going to want her. She bears my initials, she bears my scent on her skin. As long as she is with me, she will die.

Ace, I love you more than anything in this world, but because I love you I can't be selfish with you. I hope you can forgive me.

"I, Xavier Erik Michealson, reject you as my Luna and as my mate, Alice Emma Hernandez. You are a weak pathetic human who can never benefit me as a mate, how can you be a Luna.You were selfish today, and that cannot be overlooked." 

I felt my chest tighten as I said those lies, I saw the world crash before her in her eyes.

She didn't say a word, she just walked away, she packed what she came with, took off the necklace, and tossed it to me. 

She didn't say a word, as she stared at me, tears streaming from her eyes.

"I, Alice Emma Hernandez, accept your rejection." 

That was the last thing she said to me before she walked out of that door. 

I stood there, for what seemed like hours, before I crashed to my knees. 

I stick my hand in my pocket, pulling out my mother's ring. 

...I was going to ask her to marry me. 

Ace, please forgive me. 

Fuck this prophecy.