Chapter 10: What's a Mate?

The rain has lightened, we were walking to another one of houses in this area.
"Where are we going?" I ask
"We have about another 30 minute walk." He said.
"That didn't answer my question."
"Pat and Jules's house, Jacob and Ally will also be there along with, Luke and Nikki."
And of course at this moment- I tripped.
"Damn, you really are clumsy" he chucked as he caught my arm so I didn't land on the ground.
"Shut up." I mumbled.
"Do you want a piggyback ride?"
And at this very moment I wanted to say yes so very bad.
"Actually you don't have a choice, hop on" he said as he crouched down.
I -of course- hesitated, but I eventually did as I was told.
My arms wrapped around his neck and my legs around his waist, my face was nuzzled into his neck as the rained began to get heavier.
He started to run
"Grey Eyes!" I yelled into his neck afraid he would drop me, and that he would fall.

"Relax-" he chuckled "I won't drop you" he says as he runs faster
"PROMISE!" I yelled frantically, clenching on tighter than before, I am terrified!
"I promise" he chuckles, I can sense the amusement in his voice, but also the sincerity.
Within ten minutes we were there, and we were completely drenched. He runs really fast!

Once we were inside I got off his back, upset from the lack of the warmth I had before.

I took off the drenched over sized black hoodie, revealing the black tank top I had underneath, which was -thankfully- dry.

The house was warm, it was so cal-

Someone tugging at my shirt interrupted my thought.
"Hi my name is Penny, who are you?" A little girl who looked about five asked.
"My name is Ace!" I answered brightly.
"Ace, this is Penny, Luke and Nikki's daughter." He said as he picked up the five year old girl holding her on his side as he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to where the others were. Once again the tingles shot up my arm, this guy is always fucking shocking me. "This is Nikki, Luke's wife." He says about the brown hair, hazel eyed lady in front of me, she looked about 20-ish. "You know Luke, and Patrick, that's his fiancé Jules-" he says as he points to the man holding Patrick's hand. "You know Jacob, and that's his fiancé Ally." He says as he points to the women with brown eyes and burgundy colored hair.
"Everyone this is Ace" he smiles and looks at me "she's my mate" he said the last part while staring in my eyes.
Mate? What's a mate?