Chapter 47: Will You Return?

I stared at Emely, she wanted to talk to me?

"Emely, my mate and I need to be alone." Xavier spoke up

"No, brother- I need to talk to your packs Luna, your mate, and one day my sister-in-law." 

"Xavier, it's fine- I'll video chat you on the plane." 

He looked hurt- but he agreed- walking back into the wedding reception. 

We walked around the garden in silent- before she broke the silence.

"My brother- he's very...ruthless. He cares for nothing but his pack, we were raised that family was above anyone. My brother and I don't get along- I left the family when it became shattered. I never looked for Caitlyn and I never fixed the pack my father destroyed. I left to be free. I guess that's what we have in common. I couldn't stay- if I did Xavier wouldn't be to where he is now. He wouldn't be so vindictive- so ruthless. 

"We left my brother alone to destroy or make this pack. His only family were those boys: Jacob, Patrick, Julius, and Luke. But for a long time, my brother didn't have a family. We deserted him. Those boys were the closest thing- but Xavier is stubborn, he won't admit to them he needed them. 

"So I lost the right to be called his sister- I deserted him when he needed me. But there is one person who is his family. One person he will put his pride down for. Ace, that one person is you. If you ask him to follow you- he will. He will follow you anywhere. He will always find you, you see Ace you find a mate when you look them in the eye. He wanted to protect you before he knew you were mates. 

"You cannot blame that on the bond- because at that point he didn't know it existed. He wanted to protect you. My brother doesn't protect just anyone. Out of the pact- it has just been you. My brother saw this light surrounding you, a light he needed to protect. 

"My brother is a very selfish person when it comes to what is his. You- my dear Ace- are his. You have been his family when he decided he wanted to protect this human -no offense. It's strange, his nature is to be cruel, to put the pact first, to only care about the pact. Yet he see's you staring at the rain, listening to you, and decides at that moment to put everything at risk. Introducing a human in our world is a risk. And the fact that he would've protected you EVEN IF YOU WERE NOT MATES, shows how much he was willing to lose for you. How much he was willing to sacrifice just for you. 

"So you can leave, and you can decide to never come back, or you can decide to fall in love with a human and have a human life. Because he will always love you more. You and I know it is true. He feels more for you than you do for him. So when you leave, and when you stay there to fix your life, remember this: you are his. He is waiting for his life to return back to him.

"So the question is- my dear Ace: will you return?"