» Seventeenth Chase

Quinn

{' The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.'}

Like. Like. Like?

Did I hear her right? No... That was impossible. That wasn't allowed at all. How could I not perceive this? How could I not expect anything like this? Of course! Even if she was a player, with my sweetheart's face, it was possible. Even if she was an egotistical bitch, she also has feelings.

I groaned, rolling over my bed and threw my pillows out of frustration. Feeling so restless, I couldn't help but remember how she tasted. How her fragrance could easily mess up my head. And just from her heavenly eyes, she could trap me in the labyrinth of my own emotions.

I spent the remaining days of the week avoiding her. Sure, it sounded so trouble-free but for me, it was killing me inside. I missed her voice. I missed her eyes on me. I missed her fragrance and even her taste. Was it just sympathy.... or lust like she was claiming? Was it possible that I liked her as Khloe had been saying?

I climbed out of bed annoyed. I was going crazy so I really needed my sister's help. Sometimes she knows me better than anyone. And I just couldn't take it anymore.

Barging in unannounced at my sister's room, Khloe gave me a confused look, pushing her nerd glass lightly to her face.

"What brings you here, little sister?" she asked before she dropped back her attention to her homework.

I didn't understand why she became one of the school's notorious chicks when she was really nerdy inside. I guess everybody was hiding something unexpected within them. But I'm proud to say that my sister doesn't have a monster inside her unlike me. She may be a little devil outside but it was her defense mechanism to keep the weak chubby girl inside her. She was bullied because of her obesity a long time ago but she got stronger as time passed by.

I snickered. Then I jumped on her bed, rolling over, my stomach against her striped mattress. "Little sister? Did you grow some balls yesterday that you're now claiming you're older than me."

Rolling her chair to face me, she pointed the tip of her pencil at me. "Then act like one, Miss Sweetheart," she said accusingly then she turned back to her desk, scribbling on her notes.

I took one of her pillows and hugged it, draping my leg over it. "Khloe?" I called out, staring at her busy ass.

"Hmmm?"

"What makes you think that I have feelings for Risa?"

Biting my lips, I watched my sister stopped dead from taking her notes. Then she rolled the chair again, turning to me. A knowing grin was creeping on her lips-- the same expression she was wearing when she got back the night when she took Risa home. An expression saying she knew something I don't but I never bothered to ask what was in her wicked mind. Why? Because I just simply trust her.

She tapped the pencil on the armrest as she looked at me in amusement. "Quinn, I don't think you like her because technically, you were the one who said that."

I cringed, burying my face to the pillow. "It was just a spur of the moment. There is no meaning behind that word."

"Exactly, Quinn. A spur of the moment which means those words came from your heart and it definitely meant something special. Why can't you just admit it to yourself?"