Chapter 26 - Starting from scratch

VANESSA'S POV.:

Last night was..um very interesting shall I say. Not yet amazing more like amusing. Ha, the more I think about last night the more I smile. I can't remember much from how we got home cause me and Bonney had a few drinks. I sat up and walked into Bonney's room. She wasn't there.

Was she at the guy's house with Phil. I mean I know they're a couple now but still. Eh, not that important. I walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"G'morning beautiful." Dan said in a cherry tone.

"Morning, when did you get here?"

"Last night." He laughed a bit. "Did you two gals really drink that much?"

"Apperently." I said holding my head and cringing. I had a spliting headache. Not morning sickness. Thank god! I wasn't that far gone.

"Need some pain killers?"

"Nah, I'll be alright." I rubbed my head and sat at the table. 

"Want some breaky?"

"That would be lovely." I said while Dan placed a plate of food in front of me. "Thanks."

"Welcome."

"So, what did I miss last night?"

"Um,...Phil and Bonney are a thing."

"Knew that."

"We're a thing....again.......I think"

"Huh?"

"If-if you don't want to do anything like that it's okay I'll back off." He giggled nervously.

"No, it's just that it's weird that I wouldn't remember like, getting with Dan Howell."

"Well, wouldn't be the first time." He chuckled.

I frowned. I felt sorry for Dan. He really liked me. I obviously really had a thing for him too. Why don't I still have the same feelings? I wish I could remember the past three years. I wish I could at least remember the memories me and Dan shared. Maybe then I would remember.

"Dan...?"

"Yep." He said sitting down at the table with his plate.

"Tell me about us. Like some of your favorite memories."

"Um, I dunno. Wouldn't it just be like awkward."

"Well tell me something. I'd like to know something, anything about the whole 'US' thing."

"Okay, well the day I met you. You ran into Phil in the airport. You actually did that when me and Phil came back from meeting Fall Out Boy too. I think it's like the trademark of Phil, yours and mine's friendship."

He paused to smiled.

"On or first date we went to the beach, on the way back home there was only one seat on that part of the train left. I told you to sit but you told me to sit. We got into a little couple argument. Nothing major at all. Finally you just pulled me onto the seat and you sat on my lap. You fell asleep shortly after. Oh and on the night of Phil being back, we did a YouNow chat together with Phil."

He got up and put his plate in the kitchen.

"Ha ha." He chuckled sitting down. He pulled out his phone. "You made this on a photo edit website for our first year anniversery of being together."

It was a picture of me and Dan he was holding my bridle style and our noses were touching. We wer both smiling. On the editted writing it said 'Forever and always, drama llama <3'. It made me smiled.

Dan turned the phone back toward him. He looked at the picture smiled, the he started tearing up a bit.

"This picture was taken in our favorite cafe. We used to go down ther all the time. Just drink coffee and scroll through my Tumblr and Twitter feed together." He smiled and leaned back in the chair. "You know, I always sai I'd date a fangirl. I never really got the chance to before. I'm glad I did this time." He packed away his phone and went into the lounge and layed down.

I followed. I started tearing up. I wanted to remember! I wanted to be the same way I was the pst three years.

"Dan...I'm sorry."

"Vanessa!" He stood up and came up to me. He hugged me. "You better not be blaming yourself for this."

"Then why don't I feel the same way? Huh? Why don't I remember? I want to...I just-I just cant! I'm sorry." I weaped into his shoulder.

"Vanessa. It's not your fault. It isn't anyone's fault." He kissed the top of my head.

Then, right then a sudden....jolt I should say. A jolt went through my whole body. I remembered this! I remember, he always kissed the top of my head. ALWAYS!

I smiled. Was, I slowly remembering us? Was I remembering him? Was I remembering the 'old' me?

"I-" I wiped away my tears. "I'm gonna go get changed I'll be right back."

"okay." He patted my shoulder and I went into my room.

I picked out a regular black tee shirt, some ripped jean shorts and I grabbed a pair of black socks. I got changed and then checked my twitter and stuff. I went to my twitter wall. I started looking through my pictures.

Most of them were me, Bonney, Phil, Dan, PJ, Chris, Alex and Carrie acting silly. I smiled again thinking about it. Then I came across this one picture. It was a picture of Dan and Phil with Fall Out Boy. I swear I've seen it before. Instantly I ran across my room and searched my drawers. Finally! I pulled out a picture, that picture. I closed my laptop and walked into the lounge slowly.

"What are you doing." Dan said walking up to me.

I just stared at the picture. Not saying anything, not moving.

"Oh." Dan said. "I wish you could remember the day I gave you this. You freaked out cause-"

I smiled and cut him off. "It had my favorite lyrics from them on it." I looked up and he was smiling at me.

DAN'S POV.:

Di-did she just finish my sentence? Did she remember?! If she did she surely would've told me....right?