Chapter 10 - The morning after

In this chapter  I'm going to be switing back and forth between Dan and Vanessa's pov.s. So yeah, just remeber that.

*THE NEXT MORNING*

DAN'S POV.:

I was awake but I kept my eyes shut. I didn't want to move. I still had my arms wrapped around Vanessa.  I was so happy. Last night we kissed, and best of all we're going on a date! I feel so excited! I wonder what we should do. Maybe a movie? Nah, we wouldn't be able to talk much. Dinner? Yes, but maybe in a different way..? Picnic? No! Better beach side picninc! Well the easiest and quickest beach from Manchester is Southport. There is a direct train service to the town from Manchester that lasts about 1 hour and costs about £10 return. That would be the best way to get there! Awesome! Now that, that's sorted out. I just need to figure out how to surprise her about it. Hmm

Suddenly I felt movement on the bed. My arm was lifted and footstep went down the hallway. Slowly they faded. Then I heard nothing. About a minute passed and she came back. 

"Where'd you run of to missy?" I said opening my eyes and looking up to her standig at the end ofthe bed.

"Oh, I'm soooo sorry I had to get a glass of water." She shook the glass motioning that, that's what she'd got.

"Oh as long as you're not trying to steal my stuff."

"Me, steal?" She giggled again. "So what's the plan for our "date" tonight?" Why'd she put air quotes on date? I dunno. 

"Uhhh it's a surprise for now."

"You don't know do you." She said looking at me with a poker face.

"Ha ha don't doubt me like that! And yes, I do know for your information!"

"Okay." She rested the cup on my side table and crawled back into the bed with me.

I couldn't kiss her again. Not yet at least it wasn't like we were a thing yet. We were just going on our first date today. But she was so adorable. I can't help myself! Argh! I leaned in and she closed her eyes. No, I must be more classy. I stopped and kissed her nose.

"Ahh you tease!" She picked up the pillow behind her head and whacked me in the head.

"Hey!" I stood up on the bed and hit her back. Oh god, I was so childish with her."Okay so, you need to get ready."

"It's starting now?"

"No, but we're going to PJ's for a while. Then coming back here to get lunch. I need to get ready for the date after that then we leave."

"What time are we leaving your house after PJ's?"

"Umm, we'll get back from his house about 12 something hopefully. And leave for our date around 1."

"Kk." She ran out of the room. I follwed her into the kitchen - where she took her shoes off- 

"Oh yeah on the way back to my place, we need to go shopping real quick."

"kk, I'll be back here around 10."

"Okay, see you then." I waved as she walked out of the door. I closed it and ran into my room. 

I texted Phil: "Hey, beach picnic good first date?"

"Huh?!?!?!"

"I'm going on a first date with Vanessa, do you think beach picnic would be good?"

"Oh, yeah def. you could talk a lot."

"Perfect thanks! So how's Florida?"

"Great. I should be home in a day or two. Miss me yet?"