The party

*Zoe's p.o.v*
I was tired. Physically, not mentally; I mean, shopping all day really does tire you out. Me and the girls were currently on our way back laden down with shopping bags, none of which I had paid for. Okay, that made me sound like I'd just gone out and robbed the whole lot of stuff, but hey ho. This morning had been perfect, spent with my girls and I know that Ashton had planned something for this afternoon, despite already paying for my purchases this morning. It was lucky that we all lived relatively close together as it meant that we could do a round of our houses; Phoebe's first, then mine, then Alyssa's, meaning that we could change out of our hot clothes and dump our bags.

We arrived at Phoebe's house, and we shouted a quick hello to her mum, before Phoebe rushed upstairs to change whilst me and Alyssa collapsed on the couch. Phoebe came down about 10 minutes later wearing the pale blue high-low skirt she bought earlier today, a white vest top with blue Aztec patterns around the neckline tucked in the top of it and white gladiator sandals.
"Phoebe, you look amazing!" I complimented and Alyssa nodded in agreement.
"Do you mind if I get changed real quick?" Alyssa asked suddenly
"Yeah, sure. The bathroom is upstairs and second door to your left," Phoebe replied and Alyssa grabbed one of her bags and headed upstairs.

She came down soon, and was now dressed in a red skater dress with a black belt and black ballet flats.
"I feel so underdressed next to you guys!" I laughed, looking at my two gorgeous best friends.
"Then get changed?" Alyssa suggested
"You'll look amazing in that dress you bought today!" Phoebe chipped in, so I sighed, and picked up the bag, heading upstairs to change.
I came back down moments later in the dress, and I have to admit, I did like it, despite not being a dress person. It was a short, off the shoulder black dress that stopped mid thigh and hugged my figure and I'd teamed it with a pair of black strappy sandals.
"You look insane!" Alyssa laughed as I entered the living room
"Says you?!" I replied, and the two girls stood up as we shouted goodbye to Phoebe's mum and made a quick pit stop at my house before heading over to Alyssa's.

The house was silent when we stepped into it.
"Where is everyone?" I wondered aloud as I peered into the living room.
"Let's have a look out the back?" Alyssa suggested, flashing a smirk in Phoebe's direction.
"Um, okay?" I replied and we headed out into the back garden, me first, and the girls following. It was dark, but suddenly the whole garden was illuminated with strings and strings of fairy lights.
"SURPRISE!" The word chorused around me, and I looked around, seeing Alyssa and Phoebe grin beside me, and then out of the shadows came Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton, all of them clad in their signature skinny jeans.

"Happy birthday, baby," Ashton said and I ran round the pool, jumping into his arms. He kissed me softly on the lips.
"I love you," I murmured, pulling away
"I love you too," Ashton whispered.
"And you guys? You knew?!" I laughed across the pool at Alyssa and Phoebe, who shrugged innocently. I hugged each of the band who wished me happy birthday and then I hugged Alyssa and Phoebe as well. Ashton lit the bonfire and started up the BBQ and we all sat around the fire eating burgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob in the warm Aussie evening.

"RIGHT! PRESENT TIME!" Michael announced, setting down his paper plate.
"Yep, I'm for it!" Calum agreed, as I felt my cheeks burn a little; I hated being the centre of attention, especially when people have me presents and stuff like that.
"You guys didn't ha-" I started but Ashton interrupted me
"Yes, we did. Because we love you, okay?"
"Okay," I whispered as he slid an arm round my waist.
"ME FIRST, ME FIRST, ME FIRST!" Michael yelled, like the excited child he was
"Okay," I laughed as he handed me the package. I ripped it open to find a white Blink 182 T shirt.
"Thank you Mikey," I grinned, reaching across to hug him
"Now me!!" Calum cried. Honestly, what was with those boys? He handed me the parcel with a smile. I opened it to find the All Time Low, Nothing Personal CD. I grinned at him; he knew how mine got badly scratched and no longer worked.
"Thank you Cal-Pal," I said, also hugging him.

I opened Luke's present next, which turned out to be tiny scented candles in colour glass jars, each of them having a different scent.
"Thank you, Luke," I said as I hugged him, already thinking that they'll look great on my book case.
"My mum helped pick them," Luke admitted, making Alyssa, who was curled against him, his arm around her shoulders, laugh.
Alyssa's present was beautifully wrapped compared to the other boy's. I opened it up to find a navy blue and black plaid shirt in there, which I like a lot
"Thank you Alyssa!" I said, hugging her as well.
"Well, you do suit them!" Alyssa laughed, hugging me back.
My present from Phoebe was a set of nail polish in all metallic colours.
"Thank you Pheebs!" I smiled as I hugged her.

"Me now, me now!" Ashton laughed, snaking an arm around my waist.
"Ashton, you already paid for all my shopping - thank you so much for that by the way - you really didn't need to get me anything else!" I said, burying my head in his chest
"Shut up, I wanted to. So here," and he presented me with a large cuboid present. I thanked him, and unwrapped the gift, multiple DVDs falling out onto my lap. I picked them up and inspected them closely. The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, Finding Nemo, Tarzan, Pocahontas, Peter Pan, Frozen, Mulan, Hurcules and more.
"Ashton, are these all--"
"All your favourite Disney movies, yeah," Ashton finished for me. "I figured we could have a Disney movie day in our pyjamas and eat loads of junk food, what do you say?"
"I say you're perfect," I said, kissing him.
"Oh, and there's something else as well," Ashton said suddenly, pulling away
"Ashton! You've already got me so much!" I cried
"Don't care," Ashton laughed and handed me a small box. I tore off the wrapping paper and carefully opened the box to reveal the most gorgeous silver heart-shaped necklace in-crusted with diamonds.
"Ashton, this must've cost a fortune!" I said, gazing in awe at the beautiful necklace.
"It was worth it," Ashton replied and he hooked the necklace out of its box, carefully fastening the clasp behind my neck. I automatically reached up to touch it.
"I love it, thank you, Ashton," I smiled and kissed him again.

"Geez, Ash, way to make us look bad!" Michael joked, causing me and Ashton to pull apart as we all laughed.
"Now, who wants s'mores?" Ashton laughed, running inside and coming back out with marshmallows, chocolate and digestive biscuits.
"Me" Alyssa cried. "I could definitely do with--" but she was cut off by her phone ringing. "I'm sorry guys, I really need to take this," and with that she disappeared into the house.
"What was that about?" I asked Ashton, who shrugged, looking towards Luke who also shrugged. We were silent for a minute and then Ashton broke open the bag of marshmallows and we all started making s'mores.

The patio door slid open and Alyssa walked out quietly, her phone in her hand.
"Hey babe, is everything okay?" Luke asked, his arm automatically going round her shoulders. "Who was on the phone?"
"Oh, it was Mr Evans, you know from Sydney Fashion Week?" Alyssa replied, still quiet
"Really? What did he say?" Ashton asked
"I.. I, um, got offered a job!" Alyssa said, seeming surprised at her own words. It took a minute for us to register it, but then we all exploded into yells of happiness, and excitement and cheering. Everyone except Alyssa.
"Hey, what's up?" Luke asked her. "I thought this is what you wanted? Aren't you happy?"
Alyssa swallowed and took a deep breath. "The job is in Milan"

-------------------------------------
A/N

CLIFFHANGERRRRRRRRRR

ONE MORE CHAPTER BEFORE THE END OF BESIDE YOU

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love
Zoe xx