The funeral

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a simple black dress, that stopped mid thigh and a thin black belt around the waist. I was wearing small black heels and my hair was curled. My make up was simple and a small black bag with silver chain was hung over my shoulder. I sighed; I was really not looking forward to today. There was a small knock on my bedroom door, and I sat down on the bed, calling "come in" as I put on my necklace.
"You look gorgeous," Luke smiled, entering the room. He was wearing a black suit, a white shirt and a black bow tie.
"Thanks. You don't look bad yourself," I replied, trying to return Luke's smile
"Are you gonna be okay?" Luke asked, sitting on the bed next to me
"I will be. As long as you don't leave my side," I said, leaning my head on my boyfriend's shoulder
"Trust me; I won't. I'll be here every step of the way," Luke whispered and kissed the top of my head.

Luke took my hand and we headed downstairs, where Ash, Harry, Lauren and Mum were waiting. Calum, Michael, Phoebe, Zoe and Mackenzie were also coming to the funeral but they were meeting us there, since the car wasn't big enough to fit us all in. Ashton met me at the bottom of the stairs, enveloping me in a warm hug.
"It'll be okay," Ash whispered in my ear, and I pulled away, wiping a tear away
"We should probably get going," I said, and headed to the front door. We got into the car, and drove to the church, none of us saying anything.

The doors to the church were already open, and the smell of flowers was overwhelming. I stood in the doorway of the church, Ash, Lauren, Harry and mum walking down the aisle in front of me. I saw the sleek black coffin at the front of the church and bolted, running straight into Luke.
"Woah, hey, where are you going?" He asked me, gently taking hold of my shoulders
"I can't do it, Luke," I said, the tears running down my face.
Luke checked his watch. "C'mon lets go for a walk,"

We walked through the church grounds, and sat down on a secluded bench underneath a large oak tree
"What do you mean, you can't do it?" Luke asked, referring to my earlier question
"I can't do the funeral. I can't do with people asking me if I'm okay, and everyone being so sympathetic towards me," I cried, the tears running down my face
"I know that it's hard, but trust me: it will get better," Luke promised, intertwining my fingers with his. "And I'll be with you through everything,"
"You promise?" I asked, leaning my head on my boyfriend's shoulder
"I promise. I'll never leave your side,"
I took a deep breath and stood up, still holding onto Luke's hand.
"We should probably get going," I said
"We really should. You gonna be okay?" Luke replied, also standing
"I will be," I sighed, and the two of us walked into the church together, our hands locked together.

"And now, a few words from Alex's daughter, Alyssa," the vicar said, and I took a deep breath and walked towards the podium, my legs shaking. I unfolded the piece of paper in my hands, and laid it out in front of me, swallowing to try and get rid of the lump in my throat.
"Um, hi. I'm Alyssa, and um, my dad was, um..." And I trailed off, the tears rolling down at the word "was".
"Sorry," I started again. "So, my dad was, he was, um, er..."
I saw a figure rise from the front pew, and suddenly Luke was beside me, gently pulling me into a hug. I whispered something in his ear, and Luke nodded, and stepped towards the microphone.

*Luke's p.o.v*
I could see that Alyssa was struggling to get through her speech, so I stood up, and made my way towards my girlfriend, pulling her into a hug.
"Can you please do my speech for me?" Alyssa whispered, tears running down her face. I nodded, and cleared my throat, taking a step towards the microphone.
"Er, hi. You probably don't know me, but I'm Luke Hemmings, Alyssa's boyfriend," I started. "Alyssa was going to do her speech today, but she's unable to say what she would like to, so she asked me to do it for her. And here it is. I never knew Alex Smith, but I'm privileged enough to know his son and daughter, Ashton and Alyssa. Alyssa is the single best thing in my life, so I would like to thank her father, for raising her and looking after her, and turning her into the amazing girl standing before me. Because I'm lucky enough to call this girl mine, so thank you. You're forever in our hearts, Alex," I finished, turning towards Alyssa, who had tears running down her face.
"I love you," I mouthed, and Alyssa softly kissed me, as we walked down from the podium together.
"That was a beautiful speech," Alyssa whispered as we sat down again.
"Thanks," I smiled, considering I had made it up on the spot
"Oh, and I love you too,"

"I hope you're doing okay, dearie," an elderly lady with blue rinse hair said, gently hugging Alyssa.
"I'll be okay, thank you Nana," Alyssa replied, and moved on to talk to the next person. Ashton seemed fairly overwhelmed with the whole thing, standing next to Zoe with his arm around her waist. He was meeting family members that he didn't even know he had, and he was surprised when two little girls in black dresses came bounding up to him.
"Hi, um, are you Ashton from that band 5sos?" One of the kids asked
"I sure am," Ashton smiled, bending down. "What's your names?"
"I'm Jenny, and that's Hanna," the oldest one said
"So, is your mummy and daddy Leo and... Kat?" Ashton asking, and I could see his mind whirring, trying to remember all the names of the family he just met.
"Yeah," Jenny replied
"Well, guess what? I'm also your cousin," Ashton grinned, and the girls' eyes widened and they ran off, shrieking excitedly. Ashton stood up, grinning at me across the room.

"Thank you for that speech," Alyssa whispered in my ear, as she snuck up behind me
"It's fine," I replied, turning around and wrapping my arms around my girlfriend
"No, seriously. It was beautiful," Alyssa said, leaning her head on my chest
"Like you, then," I grinned, and kissed her.

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
I watched as Jenny and Hanna, my two cousins ran away from Ash, screaming. I chuckled slightly, guessing that they had just found out that they were related to a member of 5 Seconds Of Summer. I saw Ashton grin across at Luke, and then I made my way over to my perfect boyfriend.
"Thank you for that speech," I whispered, sneaking up behind him
"It's fine," Luke said, turning so he could hug me
"No, seriously. It was beautiful," I replied, resting my head on his chest
"Like you, then," Luke replied, and suddenly, I was glad of the height distance, since he couldn't see the red blush that creeped onto my cheeks. He tilted my chin up, and give me a soft kiss on my lips
"I love you," I whispered
"I love you more than you know,"

-------------------------------------------
A/N

This was a fairly boring chapter, but I just wanted to show Luke&Alyssa now that they've made up, and I also wanted to show that funeral of the dad.

And also, during Luke's speech when he's talking about how well Alex raised Alyssa, he's talking about when she was a little kid, not like when he abused her and stuff, and obviously that wasn't included, because you don't really bring that sort of stuff up in funerals

The picture on the side is Luke attending the funeral, hence why he's in a suit

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love
Zoe xx