The morning before

*Alyssa' p.o.v*
1 more night... Just one more night until Sydney Fashion Show, and I couldn't be more nervous. As requested, Mr Evans had seen my designs two weeks before the show, and I had approved of them, which I was glad about. I had also been assigned 5 models to wear my designs and I had met them at the same time, only having to make a couple of small sizing alterations; other than that, everything was perfect, and set for tomorrow.

I was currently curled up on the sofa with Luke watching my new favourite show Impractical Jokers, but I really wasn't getting into the show; my mind was on the fashion show tomorrow. Luke was staying over tonight, and he promised to help me with everything in the morning. I was running over a mental checklist, ticking off everything I had already done. Don't judge me, okay? I was nervous. Luke laughed loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"You okay?" Luke asked, realising that I wasn't laughing
"Um, yeah, sure, I'm fine," I replied, pretending to turn my attention to the TV. Luke picked up the remote, pausing the TV as he sat up straight, causing me to sit up as I was leant on his chest. He took hold of my shoulders and looked me in the eye.
"Listen," he began. "I know you're nervous for tomorrow, but you have no reason to be, okay? I haven't seen these particular designs, but I've seen others and I know how amazing you are at it! I'll be with you every step of the way, whether you get the job or not, okay?"
I smiled. "Thank you Luke, I know you will be,"
"Now," Luke replied. "We'd better head off to bed; it's a big day tomorrow!"

I slept awfully. I tossed and turned all night, despite being in Luke's arms, where I usually slept like a baby. I woke early the next morning; being tired was an understatement. I checked the time. 6:07. Ugh. I crawled out of bed, knowing I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep - if you could call it that. The show didn't start until 11:30, but my designs weren't due on the runway until 1:00. Mr Evans instructed that I was there at least an hour before, meaning that I would have to leave here at 11:15 to be there at 12.

I headed down to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, careful not to wake up anyone upstairs. I turned the tap off, resting my elbows on the kitchen counter. I gasped as two strong arms wrapped around my waist and then relaxed against him, when I realised that it was Luke.
"Hey," he muttered in my ear
"Hi," I whispered back, as Luke left soft kisses on my neck. "Did I wake you?"
"In a way," Luke replied. "I woke because you weren't there, so I came to find you." I turned around, looping my arms around his neck. Luke began to hum softly, swaying us from side to side in time to the song that I recognised as Lego House by Ed Sheeran. And that is how we ended up slow dancing in the kitchen in our pyjamas at quarter past six in the morning.

I woke up in Luke's arms. We must have fallen asleep on the sofa last night, but I don't really remember. The last thing I remember was making out with Luke, while I sat on the kitchen counter, Luke standing in between my legs. Oops. I checked the time on the red clock on the TV table. 9:30.
"Shit," I muttered, scrambling off the sofa, waking Luke up in the process. I had really hoped to be awake for 9; I was really paranoid when it came to time.
"Woah, Alyssa, calm down," Luke's raspy morning voice greeted me
"I can't calm down! Today's so so important, and I'm half an hour behind schedule already!" I babbled, rushing around the room, but not actually doing anything.
"Alyssa?" Luke took my hand, sitting me down on the sofa next to him. "Look, I know how important today is to you, okay? But rushing around like a headless chicken is not going to help. You go and get dressed, and I'll fix us something to eat, okay?"
"How did I get so lucky?" I wondered aloud.
"I could say the same," Luke laughed. "Now go get ready!"

I ran upstairs and jumped in the shower. I washed my hair, shaved and quickly got out again, wrapping one towel around my head and one around my body. I padded back into my bedroom, and slipped into a long sleeved black body con dress and black tights. I decided to do my hair and make up after I'd eaten, so I headed downstairs, my hair still wet. I went into the kitchen, Luke facing away from me as he whistled, bacon sizzling in the frying pan. I grinned at the sight of him, stretched my arms around his torso, making him jump slightly. His arm automatically went around my shoulders as he kissed the top of my head. He turned the cooker off, and dishes the bacon on two plates, in between two pieces of bread.
"You look gorgeous," Luke commented, as we sat down at the table.
"Thank you," I smiled, taking a bite of the sandwich Luke had made. "Are you driving up early with me and Ashton?"
"Sure. Though I have to go home and get changed first," Luke replied, motioning to his current attire; pyjama bottoms.
I laughed. "I figured as much. We're leaving here at 11:15, so just be here before that?"
"I will be," Luke replied and we continued to eat.

After breakfast, Luke went home to shower and change and I headed upstairs to dry my hair and do my makeup. Ashton was standing in front of the full-length mirror wearing a white shirt with the collar up, black skinny jeans and his signature black combat boots. He had a skinny black tie in one hand, and a blue one in the other. Ashton turned when I entered our room, a puppy dog look on his face.
"Alyssaaaaaaaa?" He whined, holding up the two ties. "Can you help me?"
"Sure," I laughed, walking over and taking the skinny black tie and looping it around his neck. I carefully tied it for him, and then put his collar back down
"There," I grinned, turning him around to look in the mirror. "You look amazing," I laughed
"As do you," Ashton replied as I loosely curled my hair and applied a smoky eye and nude lipstick. I was slipping on my black kitten heels when the doorbell rang. I stood up.
"That'll be Luke," I told Ashton, heading downstairs to open the door. Luke was standing there in a dark blue button down, black skinny jeans and black converse. I wrapped him in a quick hug and me, Ashton and Luke set off for the show, my hands shaking with excitement and fear.

-------------------------------------
A/N

That was a boring chapter, ugh.

The next chapter will be the fashion show, and then Zoe's birthday and then after that they'll only be a couple of chapters till the end of the book!

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love
Zoe xx