WE NEED HELP

A/N
This chapter is dedicated to BroganGoldthorpe bc she reminded me to update and she's cool

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
"Dad?!" I cried worriedly, gently shaking his arm "Dad?!" There was no reply
"WE NEED HELP IN HERE, PLEASE, SOMEONE," I yelled, learning out the door. The room was suddenly filled with doctors, tearing me away from the side of the bed
"Excuse me, miss, but we're going to need you to step out of the room for a second," a doctor in a white coat said to me kindly
"But that's my dad, I need to be with him," I protested
"I understand that, but right now we need you to wait outside if you want us to help your father," the doctor replied, and he gently propelled me out of the room, shutting the door behind me.

I leant against the wall, not realising that I was crying until I felt the tear drops fall onto my clenched hands that were resting on my lap. I ran a hand through my hair exasperatedly, wiping the tears away from my face angrily. I stood up, pacing backwards and forwards, running my hand through my hair again and again. I tried to sit down in the waiting room again, but I couldn't get comfortable and I ended up standing up and pacing again, unable to stand still.

5 minutes passed, 15 minutes, half an hour... I was beginning to get increasingly worried - not that I wasn't already. I pulled out my phone, opening my contacts. I hovered over Luke's name in my phone, but I changed my mind and decided to call Ashton instead. I put the phone up to my ear as the dialling tone started. It rang and rang.
"Please pick up, Ash, please pick up," I muttered, but the phone stopped ringing and the automated voice was telling me to leave a message. I sighed and hung up, not wanting to leave a message.

Another 5 minutes passed, and the door to my dad's room opened, and the doctor who had spoken to me early left the room, closely followed by the rest of the doctors and nurses. The others left, but the doctor who I spoke to earlier, Doctor Jackson, came over towards me.
"Is he okay?" I asked worriedly
"He's in a very unstable condition, I'm afraid to say," the doctor replied
"So what's happening?" I asked
"Well your father now has an oxygen mask, and is connected to a lot of machines from tubes, to help him recover," the doctor explained, but I didn't really know what he was saying
"Can I see him?" I said, peering into the room
"You can, but he's sleeping right now, so he won't be able to say anything," the doctor replied
"Thank you," I said, and Doctor Jackson smiled kindly at me, and walked off.

I walked into room B-26, shutting the door behind me. My dad was lying in bed, an oxygen mask strapped over his face, and multiple tubes snaking out from under the blanket and connecting to the machines next to the bed.
"Oh, dad," I sighed, sitting in the chair next to him. "I really hope you're going to be okay... Listen, I'm going home now, but I promise that I'll come see you tomorrow, okay?" I said, though I didn't know if he could even hear me. I sighed, and left the room, shutting the door softly behind me. I walked up to the desk, the same woman still sat behind it.
"Hi, can I help you?" The woman asked me, smiling. Her name badge read "Natalie"
"Um, yeah, I just wanted to make sure that you had my number, so if anything happens during the night you'll be able to call me," I said
"Sure. What's your name, love?" Natalie asked me, turning to the computer
"Alyssa Irw-- no, Smith," I corrected myself, realising that my name would still be Alyssa Smith on the documents. Natalie typed something into the computer, and a file popped up in the screen.
"Yes, we have your number and address, so we'll let you know if anything happens," Natalie replied, smiling
"Thank you," I said, and left the hospital, taking a cab home.

I unlocked the front door, stepping into the place that was home for the first 20 years of my life. It was exactly how I remembered it, the only difference being that it was so much messier than when I left. I locked the door behind me, heading into the kitchen and clicking on the light. I pulled a face at the large amount of beer bottles and cans that overflowed the bins and littered the floor. I opened the corner cupboard and pulling out a tin of beans, heating them up on the stove. I grated some cheese and toasted some bread, serving it up on a plate. I sat down in the quiet, and ate my tea, my phone buzzing just as I finished.

"Hello?" I answered, not bothering to look at the caller ID
"Hey," Ashton's voice said, and I smiled, hearing my twin brother's voice again
"How you doing?" I asked
"I'm fine, but that's not the point. What's happened with dad?" Ashton asked me, my smile dropping from my face
"Well he was in a car accident, right? The doctor said that he was drunk, and in no fit state to be driving. He had to have surgery, and I went to see him in recovery. He stopped breathing but the doctors looked after him, and now he's alive, but seriously unstable," I replied, swallowing the lump in my throat
"Oh god, I should be over there, you shouldn't have to deal with this yourself," Ashton said worriedly
"Ash, it's fine. You need to rehearse and stuff anyway," I said, trying to reassure him.
"I told you, family comes before the band," Ashton argued
"Listen, it's fine. You need to look after Lauren and Harry anyways," I replied
"I suppose you're right. Call me if anything changes, okay?" Ashton said
"Will do," I replied and hung up the phone.

I set my phone down on the sofa, taking my plate into the kitchen, and grabbing a bottle of juice from the fridge. I heard my phone go off in the other room. I clicked my iPhone, to reveal I had a message.

1 text from: Luke
I hope you're okay, baby girl. I love you xxxx

I sighed, not sure how to reply. I unlocked my phone, my fingers dancing over the keyboard, unsure of what to say.

1 text to: Luke
I'm fine, thank you. I should be home soon.

My hand hovered over the send button, finding it hard to decide whether or not I should tell him that I loved him too. I mean, I do, but I really need to find out what happened with him and Georgia first. I took a deep breath, and sent the message, not adding anything else on the end.

-------------------------------------------
A/N

This is a fairly boring chapter, and I appreciate that so, sorry.

I hope you like my book, tysm to all of you for reading! ilyaaa

Um yeah, I don't know what to say here.

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love,
Zoe

(^^if you get that I LOVE you)