The Call

*Luke's p.o.v*
I kept re-reading that tweet of Alyssa's. 'Maybe it's for the best'. I scrolled down the replies, seeing what people had written.

@michaelismykitten
What's happened with you and Luke?!

@5sos__fam
Have you two broken up??

@luke_is_my_penguin
I hope you've broken up with him, he deserves way better than you!

The last tweet made me frown, as it reminded me a lot of what Georgia had said after she'd kissed me. Well, something along those lines. I clicked on the profile, and pulled a face. Her icon was a picture of herself, but she'd photoshopped it so it looked like she was stood next to me. Her bio said "I support Luke Hemmings, but none of the rest of the band, because they're ugly". Stuff like that made me seriously angry - you don't target my friends and say stuff about them, and she clearly doesn't support me if she doesn't like who I'm going out with. Or who I was going out with. I don't really know where me and Alyssa are anymore. I need to talk to her, but she won't answer my calls or texts.

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
I logged out of Twitter as soon as I sent the tweet, my notifications already blowing up in the five seconds it took to log out. I didn't want to read what people had been saying to me, or if Luke tweets anything. I hadn't left my room since the fight, but I thought it would probably be for the best if I got up sooner or later. I didn't bother to change out of my pyjamas and, wrapping a blanket around my shoulders, I left the comfort of my bedroom for the first time in three days. The house was empty - Ash had taken Lauren and Harry to the fair and mum was working - so I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

I boiled the kettle, and cooked some pasta, the first proper food I've eaten over the past three days. I sighed when I saw my reflection in the spotless oven door. My hair was knotted and tangled, seeing as I hadn't brushed it for three days. My face was make up free, but my eyes were red and puffy from all the crying, and the tear lines running down my face were still visible. I drained the pasta, and put it in a bowl with some mozzarella cheese I found in the fridge. I took it into the living room and sat down on the sofa, turning on the TV as I did so.

"Hey, we're home!" Ashton's voice called, just as I finished the eighth episode of Community, my new favourite show.
"Hey," I called back, as Netflix automatically started loading the next episode
"You're up!" Ashton grinned, entering the living room
"Yeah. It took all the effort I had to get out of bed though," I replied, turning my attention back onto the TV.
"What you watching?" Ashton asked, sitting on the sofa next to me
"Community," I replied. "It's brilliant,"
"Oh, I got you this when we were at the fair," Ashton said suddenly, and held up a clear bag filled with fluffy pink sugar, the words "Fairy Floss" printed on the side.
"Thank you, Ash" I said, smiling my first proper smile since my fight with Luke. We watched in silence for a while until Ashton spoke up:
"You should really talk to Luke, you know,"
"I know," I replied. "Just not yet"

Five episodes later, and the only reason either me or Ash had moved was to answer the door to the pizza guy. We were currently eating large cheesy pizzas and starting our 14th episode. I was finally starting to cheer up, actually having a good time since I had had that fight with Luke. The episode's music had just finished, when the door bell rang.
"Can you get that?" Ashton whined, looking at me pleadingly
"Fine," I sighed. "Only because you got me fairy floss from the fair,"
I crawled off the sofa, dropping my blanket on the floor. I opened the front door, and gasped. Luke.

*Luke's p.o.v*
Alyssa was the one who opened the door. I smiled wanly, missing being with the beautiful, amazing girl who was stood in front of me.
"Can we talk?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck
"Um, I suppose," Alyssa shrugged, not looking me in the eyes.
"So... Can I come in?" I asked, leaning against the door frame
"In a minute. Let me get changed," Alyssa replied, going to shut the door
"Okay. But you look fine anyway!" I called, just as the door shut in my face.

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
I sighed, leaning my back against the closed door.
"Who was that?" Ashton asked, peering around the door.
"Luke," I replied wanly
"Oh shit, are you okay?" Ashton asked me worriedly
"I'm fine," I laughed. "I promised him we'd talk, so I'm just going to get changed, okay?"
"Okay," Ashton replied and I hurried upstairs. I changed out of my pyjamas and put on a pair on black leggings, a white crop top and my favourite flower-patterned kimono. I brushed my hair, applied some makeup and put on a pair of frilly socks. I then put on my white converse and hurried back downstairs.

I opened the door, to find Luke sat on the top step, facing away from me
"Hey," I said softly. He turned immediately, smiling at me.
"Hi," he replied. "Can we walk?"
"Sure," I said, grabbing my phone. I yelled goodbye to Ash, and shut the door behind me.
"So listen... I know I've told you before but I promise you, Georgia was the one who came onto me," Luke started
"But then why would she lie to me about it, I'm her best friend?" I questioned as we began to walk down the street.
"I don't know, but listen to me when I say this Alyssa: you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I don't want to do anything to jeopardise that," Luke said, looking me in the eye.
"It's just --" I started, but I was interrupted by my phone ringing.
"Don't answer that, please. We need to talk," Luke said, glancing down at my phone
"Just wait, it could be important," I replied, clicking the "accept" button and putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I questioned
"Hello. Is this Miss Smith?" The voice asked me
"Technically, but I'm Alyssa Irwin now, not Smith," I replied
"Are you the daughter of Alex Smith?" The voice said
"Yes. Can I ask who's calling?" I said, my confusion growing
"This is California General Hospital. Your father has been in an accident."

-------------------------------------------
A/N

CLIFFHANGERRRRR

Oh, and Community is a real show, on Netflix and if you don't watch it, you really should, it's brilliant!

BUT CAN WE ALL JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF SHE'S KINDA HOT?! BECAUSE THAT SONG IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE

Kisses
-Z xx