The interview

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
I woke up the next morning, and Luke was still asleep. I untangled myself from him, and wandered into the bathroom, wearing Luke's Blink182 shirt, which was huge on me. I brushed my teeth, and checked the time. 09:46. My meeting with the Sydney Fashion Show organiser was at 12:30, so I had a lot of time to et ready. I walked back into Luke's room, to find him face down on the bed. He turned to look at me, a smile on his face.
"Good morning, gorgeous," He grinned at me as I sat down on the bed
"Hi," I replied, smiling at the compliment. I still wasn't used to it. Luke looked at me
"Isn't that mine?" I questioned, tugging gently at the t-shirt she was wearing
"Maybe..." I grinned. "You can have it back if you want?"
"No, no way. You look way too cute in it," Luke replied, and I smiled at his compliment. He slid his arm around my waist, pulling my down into the bed, making me laugh. Luke grinned.
"What?" I asked, looking at my boyfriend
"Nothing," He replied. "I just love your laugh"
"Nah, I hate it," I said, laughing again
"Well, I love it." And I couldn't help but smile.

We were currently watching Gossip Girl on Netflix, curled up on Luke's bed. He said that he didn't like the show, but I could tell that he secretly wanted to know what happened with Chuck and Blair. I glanced at the clock on Luke's bedside table.
"Is that the time?!" I yelled. It was 10:45, and I still needed to go home, shower, get changed and make my way to the meeting.
"Why? What's wrong?" Luke asked, as I jumped up from the bed and began gathering up my clothes. I could see I had a problem. The only thing I had to wear home was my dress from last night, and I really didn't want to wear that.
"Oh, I have a meeting," I said as Luke sat, mentally cursing at myself for forgetting to tell him sooner.
"What for?" Luke asked, interested
"Apparently there's a first annual Sydney Fashion Show in a couple of months, so I'm meeting with the organiser, who'll tell me if my designs are any good to be in the show!" I explained, still wondering what to do about my clothes situation
"That's so cool!" Luke replied, and he pulled me into a warm hug.
"The only problem is, I want to go home and change, but I have nothing to wear home accept my dress from last night," I said, hugging back.
"One second," Luke replied, and pulled open the large right hand drawer of his wardrobe. I frowned.
"What's that?" I asked as Luke began searching through the drawer.
"I call it "my Alyssa drawer"," Luke explained as he pulled out a pair of black leggings, and one of his hoodies. "Everything that you accidentally leave here, I keep in this drawer for moments like this. I also keep certain hoodies and tops of mine that I think you might like,"
"Thank you Luke, that's so sweet, and you saved the day," I smiled as Luke handed me the clothes. He was honestly the best.
"Now, go get changed!"

I quickly pulled on the leggings, and zipped Luke's hoodie over his Blink182 top. I breathed deeply, the smell of Luke's cologne wrapped around the hoodie. I smiled, and quickly hurried downstairs, pulling on my shoes.
"Good luck, princess. Not that you'll need it," Luke smiled, as I stood up
"Thank you," I replied. "I'll come over and see you when I'm done?"
"I'd love that," Luke said
"I love you," I replied, and Luke kissed me softly
"I love you more. Now, go, you can't be late!"

I hurried home, and yelling a hello to Mum, Lauren and Harry. I opened the door to mine and Ashton's bedroom, and found my twin brother lying on the bed, listening to music.
"You seem like you're in a hurry," Ashton giggled. "Did you stay at Luke's last night?"
"Yeah, but I have a meeting soon, for Sydney Fashion Show, which I need to get ready for," I replied, searching through my wardrobe for the outfit I had prepared to wear.
"Oh yeah, I forgot that was today," Ashton chuckled
"How did you know?" I frowned, as I finally found what I was looking for.
"You left the letter on the kitchen table, it arrived with that postcard, remember?" Ashton replied. "Do you need help with anything?"
"No, I think I'm good, but thank you anyways!" I called, as I left the room to shower.

I showered quickly and then pulled on a black pencil skirt, with a white blouse and nude tights. I slipped on black ballet flats, and dried and curled my hair. I did my normal makeup, took one last look in the mirror, and headed back to my room.
"You look amazing, seriously professional," Ashton commented
"Thank you," I replied, sitting down and picking up my portfolio. "I'm so nervous though,"
"You'll be fine, I promise," Ashton replied. "Do you need me to drive you?"
"If you don't mind, that will be great," I replied, grinning at my brother
"C'mon, let's go, then"

The car journey wasn't long, and consisted of Ashton singing along beautifully to his custom made Fountains Of Wayne CD, while I tapped my French tipped nails on the cover of my portfolio.
"Stop fussing, you'll be brilliant," Ashton promised as we pulled up outside the building
"Thank you," I replied, opening the car door
"Ring me when you're done, and I'll drop you round to Luke's?" Ashton offered
"How did you know that I wanted to go to Luke's after?" I asked
"Because I know you!" Ashton laughed. "Now go in there, and kick some butt!"

I walked in, my portfolio under my arm.
"Hi, I'm here to see Mr Evans, about the Sydney Fashion Show?" I said, stopping to talk to the receptionist behind the desk
"Yes, you must me Alyssa Irwin, right?" She asked and I nodded. "Please take a seat over there, and Mr Evans will see you in a couple of minutes,"
"Thank you," I replied, and sat down to the sofas she was pointing at. I flicked through my designs, diff belt worrying that they were nowhere near good enough for SFS. The lift bell dinged, and a man with tan skin, dark brown hair came out, wearing a suit. I stood up, closing my portfolio.
"You must be Miss Irwin," the man said, shaking my hand. "I'm Charles Evans,"
"It's a pleasure to meet you," I replied. "But please, call me Alyssa,"
"Well then, Alyssa, if you'd like to come up to my office, I'd love to see your designs," Mr Evans said, and lead me towards the lift.

I was currently sat opposite Mr Evans, as he sat behind his large mahogany desk. The room was silent, as he carefully turned the page, studying my designs, and reading my annotations.
"Well, Alyssa, I have to say, I'm very impressed with the work you have done here," Mr Evans smiled at me, closing the book
"Thank you," I replied
"And you have one dress that you have made with you, correct?" He asked
"Um, yeah, it's here," I said, and pulled out the sundress that Luke had seen me designing. I handed it to him, and he studied the dress carefully.
"Hmm... Lining is good...the hems are neat..." Mr Evans muttered to himself. "This is a very good piece of work,"
"Thank you." I replied, smiling, as Mr Evans handed back my dress and portfolio.
"Now, Alyssa, I would like to offer you the chance to show your designs at Sydney Fashion Week," Mr Evans smiled
"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I replied, unable to keep the grin off my face.
"Now, they'll be lots of other designers being shown, so you're allowed to make up to five outfits, for the models to wear. Many famous designers will be coming, to scout new designers for their companies," Mr Evans explained. "We'll also need to see your final designs two weeks before the show, is that okay?"
"Yes, that sounds perfect. Thank you," I said, and shaking his hand, left the office.

I exited the building, still not believing that I got this opportunity. I rang Ashton, telling him I was done, and he replied saying that he was on his way already. I rang Luke, telling him that I would be over at his house in about 20 minutes.
"So, how did it go?" Luke asked, from the other end of the line.
"Well, I really wanted to tell you in person but...I got the job!" I grinned down the phone
"Congratulations, baby! I'm so proud of you!" Luke cried and I could imagine the smile on his face.
"Okay, Ashton just pulled up, I'll see you in 15," I replied
"Okay, I love you," Luke said
"Love you too," and with that, I hung up the phone.

I excitedly told the story of the interview to Ashton in the short ride to Luke's house.
"I'm so proud of you!" Ashton laughed, as we stopped at a red light.
"Thank you... I still can't believe I got this opportunity!" I laughed along with my brother
"Well, you better believe it! I knew you could do it," Ashton reached over and nudged me, as we carried on driving.
"Well, aren't you cute," I laughed. "So, what designs are you thinking of?" Ashton asked
"I'm not sure yet, probably something that represents my time in Australia...though I was thinking of having a different theme for each outfit, to show the designers that I can do more than just one thing!" I explained, as we pulled up outside of Luke's house.

"Need a lift home later?" Ashton asked, as I opened the door.
"Um, not sure. I'll ring you later?" I replied
"Sure. I'll see you later, my little fashionista!" Ashton laughed, and I waved goodbye as he drove off.
I made my way slowly up Luke's path, and was just about to knock on the door, when it opened to reveal a very smiley Luke. I ran into his arms and jumped up, him spinning me round and round as I buried my head into his shoulders, the smell of his cologne wrapping around me.
"I'm so proud of you, baby girl. I knew you could do it!" Luke laughed, as he pulled us to a stop, and I leaned in and kissed him.

-------------------------------------------
A/N

Woohoo, so Alyssa got a job:))

This story is probably gonna end soon:((

But there's gonna be a sequel, so stay tuned for more info;))

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love
Zoe xx