6:36am

A/N VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
Basically, I know I updated yesterday, but I have a deal going on with a couple of friends, and basically involved them publishing their own stories. They're both 5sos ones, so please please please check them out! BroganGoldthorpe has written a Calum one, and MeganDrane has written an Ashton one!! So yeah, go have a look!

----------------------------------------------

*Alyssa's p.o.v*
After I sent the text to Luke, I decided to try and go to sleep, since it was late, and I was tired from the plane journey. I put my plate in the dishwasher, and headed upstairs, carrying my sports bag with me. I dropped it on the bed, unzipping it and pulling out my pyjamas. I quickly got changed and walked over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and remove my makeup. My bedroom was exactly how I left it, just incredibly empty. Luckily, my bed was still made, so I crawled under the duvet, put my phone on charge and fell asleep.

I was awoken from a seriously restless sleep as my phone was blasting out the boy's new song Permanent Vacation. I squinted, the call disconnecting before I managed to answer it. My notifications told me that I had two missed calls from this unknown number, and a text from Luke. I checked the time. 6:36am. Who was calling me so early?! I opened the text first, as I knew it would be a reply to our earlier texts.

1 text from: Luke
Okay, I miss you xxxx

I sighed, deciding not to reply to his text at the minute, mainly because I had no idea what to say. I opened my call log and clicked on the missed call, holding my phone up to my ear as I rang back.
"Hello? California General Hospital, how can I help?" A man's voice said on the other end. I sat bolt upright at those words.
"Um, hi, I'm Alyssa Smith, I had two missed calls from you?" I questioned, my panic levels rising.
"Ah, yes. As I said, this is California General Hospital, and I'm so sorry to tell you this, but I'm afraid your father has passed away,"

My breath caught in my throat at the man's words.
"I'm sorry to have to tell you this way," the man said, breaking my thoughts
"No, it's fine. Let me come down to the hospital now," I replied, wiping the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.
"Okay, we'll see you soon," the man said, and the call disconnected. (A/N: anyone??) I threw back my duvet, quickly getting changed into the clothes I was wearing earlier. I unlocked the door, stepping out, the cold early morning air hitting me in the face.

I pulled out my phone, calling Ashton, the tears still rolling down my face.
"Hello?" A very sleepy Ash answered
"Hey," I replied, sniffing
"What's up?" Ashton asked, suddenly sounding much more awake
"It's, it's dad," I said, hurrying down the street
"What's happened?" Ashton asked worriedly
"He, um, he's passed away," I replied, the tears still falling
"Oh god. Oh my god. Right, I'm definitely flying over. Now," Ashton said firmly
"Ash, you can't," I replied, as I entered the hospital
"Yes, I can. And I am," Ashton replied
"If you're sure," I said. "I have to go now, but text me when you manage to book the flight, okay?"
"Okay," Ashton said. "I'll tell Mum and the lads too," and with that, he hung up

Two days later, I was sat in the front room, planning my dad's funeral. It was an awful job, but I had to do it - I was the only one who could. Ashton had texted me, saying that Mum, Lauren and Harry wanted to come as well, but the only flight they could get for four people was in three days. I set my pen down and headed upstairs were I left my phone charging. I unlocked my phone, to reveal I had 4 texts.

1 text from: Mikey😋
I only just heard the news, I hope you're okay. I'm here for you xx

1 text to: Mikey😋
Thank you, Mikey. It means a lot xx

The second text was from Calum

1 text from: Cal💫
Hey, Liss, I hope you're doing okay. You can always talk to me x

1 text to: Cal💫
Thank you, Cal. It's appreciated x

The third text was from Zoe

1 text from: Zoe💌✨
I hope you're dealing with this okay, gorgeous xx

1 text to: Zoe💌✨
Thank you lovely, I'll be okay xx

The final text was from Phoebe

1 text from: Pheebs💟
How you doing, sunshine?xx

1 text to: Pheebs💟
I'll be okay, thank you xx

I hadn't had a text from Ashton, but I had spoken to him over the phone a couple of hours earlier, so I wasn't surprised. What did surprise me was the fact that I hadn't heard from Luke. I know that Ashton had told the lads, because he had told me over the phone. He also told me that Luke had acted weirdly, leaving our house and going home without saying anything. I headed back downstairs, and had just sat down on the sofa when the door rang. I frowned, not knowing who I could be. I pulled myself off the sofa and went to open the door.

A tall figure was stood in the doorway, a large rucksack on the floor by his feet. He opened his arms, and I fell into them, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist. I rested my head on his chest, hearing the beat of his heart, as he rested his chin on top of my head. I breathed deeply, breathing in the familiar scent as the tears once again rolling down my cheeks.

Luke.

-------------------------------------------
A/N

Awh, Luke came to see Alyssa!

Anyway, I was thinking about what I want to happen in this book, and I also thought of a good way to end it, but it would lead onto a sequel. Would you guys like that? Or are you getting bored and only want this book? It won't be ending for a while, I just need to know, so let me know!

And meanwhile enjoy the bloody beautiful picture of Luke on the side😍

Chicken grease peace nipples
Lots of dat love
Zoe x