Nine Boys...- Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty-Three

    I stared at the plate in front of me. My fork just moving the piece of scrambled egg around. I didn't have much of an appetite this morning. I couldn't stop thinking about what that rogue had said.

    "I hope one day to see a pure one back into power so others would not know the tragedy I've seen."

    A pure one. Me or my brother. We were the pure ones. The only ones we knew were still alive. There could be others, but we were the ones now in the wolf world. We were the ones part of a pack.

    But out of the two of us, I was the one with the power. The authority to command others. I was also the mate to an Alpha male. A full mate now.

    My eyes went up to Daemon and his eyes come up to me. He looks at me concerned. I knew he was asking if I was alright. I shook my head at him. I wasn't alright. There was now a pressure that wasn't there before. Someone knows of me and asked for me to ascend to power. The pain in his eyes I knew all too well to be a look that has been in my eyes.

    Derek stood up and we all turned to him. "Today, Nina's staying home. I'm calling her in sick from school. There is much I need to teach her myself." He looked down at me. "Forgive me for wishing to shield you a little longer."

    "Excuse me." I whispered getting up from the table and leaving the dinning room. My brother getting up too. When he tried to touch me, I looked back and shook my head at him. I was telling him to just leave me alone. He reluctantly let me be alone.

~~Daemon's Point Of View~~

    Last night had been perfect. Then in a second it was ruined. Now she can't stop thinking about what that rogue had said. I could see it in her eyes. It pained me to know that she was afraid of what to do.

    Should she make herself known to all the world and ascend to the throne? Or should she stay hidden like her father and the rest of her family? It was an impossible situation. An impossible choice. Help or hide.

    The front door banged open and we all rose only to relax seeing two guards coming in. My father remained standing as the two came around. "Forgive us for just barging into your home, but this cannot wait." One bowed and the other one knelt behind him.

     "Explain to me why you have intruded upon my home, Jake." My father narrowed his eyes down at the one who spoke. Jake shook in his sweats that he wore.

    "Forgive me again my lord. But we saw a white wolf last night with our future Alpha." Jake looked to me. "You must know who the great royal is. Please tell us."

    For not the first time in my life, I saw my father snarl in anger and gripped the young wolf Jake by the neck. His eyes burning with his wolf. "That is our knowledge. One we will keep with us to protect the royal. Many will kill the royal, any royal that still exists. Would you wish for their deaths?"

    Jake shook his head as much as he could. "No my lord. My curiosity just got the better of me."

    "Please sir. Have mercy on him." The other guard asked as he didn't lift his head and stayed kneeling.

    My father threw Jake aside. "I've been told there was an incident. Two rogues broke through the line?"

    Jake nodded. "They were fast and it was hard to keep up with them. Thankfully there was a distraction." He looked at me before shaking his head. "You have no idea how shocked we were seeing such a beautiful royal. I think that's what turned that one rogue against this partner."

    I stood up. "But he had no right asking that of her just yet. She knows so little of our world!"

    My father placed a hand on my shoulder and I turned my head away. "I'm working to help the young royal make the decision that is best for her and everyone. I too would like to see her seated in power if that is her fate. We all know not what destiny sees fit to thrust into our hands."