Nine Boys...- Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

    "What did you have in mind for us to do tonight?" I smiled over at Nick as I put one of the last touches on my first painting I ever started. It was perfect in my opinion.

    He smiled back as he looked at my painting. "That looks great Nina." He laughed. "And you said you never painted before."

    I giggled. "I had a great teacher." I put his in a headlock and ruffled his hair a little. "What about my question?"

    Nick straightened up and smoothed out his hair. "I was thinking we could bake a ton of cookies for this campaign idea of mine." He chuckled. "I already asked mom to get about two hundred bags or more to put them in."

    "What are we campaigning?"

    He grinned and looked at me sheepishly. "It's a surprise."

    I poked his side. "You can tell me. I can keep a secret."

    He laughed as I started to tickle him. "No. It's a surprise."

    My lip pouted out. "But were so close. Like twins but from different parents."

    Nick tapped my nose chuckling. "And for that I want it to be a surprise. I promise that it's a good surprise. Just wait and see."

    Sighing I nodded. "Okay." My shoulders lifted and fell in a nonchalant shrug. "What kind of cookies you want to make?"

    "I was think several kinds. Chocolate chip is a definite. Maybe peanut butter too."

    I smiled. "How about a peanut butter cream filled sandwich cookie with chocolate cookies?"

    Nick beamed. "That sounds delicious. Almost like a cookie style Reeses."

    We talked all the way through till we walked into the cafeteria about the baking campaign that we will be doing. He even send Macy a text of ingredients we needed and the quantity. It was nice that he asked to use my talents for his campaign. He also brought up a really good point of how it would be a very good start to promoting for the bakery that well set up some day. We could show that even in high school we were working towards that goal.

    A frown formed on my face when I didn't see Daemon at our table like I normally did. His spot was empty and none of the guys seemed at all too worried. Like they knew he wasn't going to be sitting in his seat with both our lunches like he always had.

    I sat down and looked around the room. Nope. No Daemon at all. Not even still in the line getting our lunches. Everyone was talking and nothing else was put of place but Matt was missing too. Whatever they were doing, they must be doing it together.

    As if someone had flicked a switch, the whole cafeteria stopped talking all at once. The doors to the cafeteria swung open and I gulped. Daemon stood there in a full on tuxedo with roses in his hands. Matt smiled from beside him at the look on my face. I was just bewildered at the sight.

    Daemon kept his eyes on me with a soft smile on his face as he walked ever so slowly to me. When he was beside me, he knelt down. "Your brother was right the other day. I should do this properly." He handed me the flowers.

    "Nina." He spoke my name and it felt like a prayer from his lips. A blush crept up my cheeks as my eyes started to burn. The tears welling up even if it wasn't a marriage proposal. We were so not to that point yet even if it looked like he was about to.

    "Will you go out with me tomorrow night?" There were so many girls around the room who sighed in longing. To have a guy go through all this just to ask me out on a date. Even I sighed with pleasure at the sound of his question.