Nine Boys...- Chapter 2

Chapter Two

    I groaned softly as I sat up. For most of the night I've been tossing and turning. My rest hadn't been complete like it had been for my nap. I just couldn't get any solid sleep.

    The clock across the room shone that it was only five in the morning. I bet no one was awake yet. That would mean that I wouldn't bump into anyone if I went wandering around.

    Slipping out of the bed, I pulled some simple clothes out of my suitcase and changed into them before I left my room. I wandered downstairs leisurely seeing all the photos of their family along the way. Each picture made me feel like I was invading in on their family because I didn't have one anymore.

    Anytime I felt sad, I always baked something. A trait I got from my mom. Right now that felt like a good idea. I just hope that Macy doesn't mind that I used her kitchen or her ingredients.

    For the next two hours, I spent the time making simple individual sweet breads for everyone using muffin pans and cups. I made three dozen so everyone got three each. All of them with their dashing of powder sugar for added sweetness.

    I heard several feet pounding down the stairs as I sat the last plate of three on the dining room table. I turned to see Daemon, Nat, Nick, and Shane. Daemon's eyes glared at the plates. The others had their eyebrows shot up in surprise.

    A tear fell as I hung my head and turn to leave. Daemon's glare hurt. It was like he was saying 'how dare she do that in my house'. I was just being nice while I tried to feel better.

    When I was back in the kitchen, I heard someone follow me in. They gently took my arm and turned me to them. "You didn't have to do that to get on our good sides."

    I shook my head. "I couldn't sleep, so I baked. I used to feel better when I baked." I sniffed. "Why isn't it working?" The tears were pushing trying to come out.

    He pulled me to him. I didn't know if he was Nat or Nick since they were identical twins. He rubbed my back. "You seemed fine till you saw Daemon's evil scowl. Don't think of that jerk, okay?"

    I sniffed. "I shouldn't have done anything without asking."

    "You don't have to ask. This is your home too now." He pulled back a little so he could look down at me with a smile. "What did you make us?"

    I shrugged. "Just simple individual cinnamon sweet breads with powder sugar on top. It only took nine ingredients to make it." My lip turned up on the side. "I didn't even mess up the kitchen to make the three dozen."

    His eyebrow quirked up. "How long have you been awake?"

    I blushed as I shrugged. "Only two hours."

    He chuckled lightly shaking his head. "How could you make three dozen in that time?"

    I shrugged shyly. "It helped that your mom has three muffin tins and plenty of muffin cups."

    He laughed as he stirred me back into the dining room. We walked in to hear his brother moaning out loud as he ate what looked to be the second on his plate. He turned toward us and smiled wildly. "Damn girl. Make these everyday please!"

    I giggled a little as his brother groan. "Nat! She can't do it everyday!" So it was Nick who had come to comfort me.

    "Come on dude. Take a bite of one of yours and tell me you don't think so too." He demanded of his brother. Shane nodded in agreement as he was chowing down on his own sweet breads with a bit of powder sugar on either side of his mouth.