Nine Boys...- Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-Five

    I smiled at the snow as it trickled down out of the sky. It was December now and we were out of school for the winter season. We had been waiting for this snow as Christmas was a week and a half away. All the guys have been chanting "let it snow" over and over again since school let out. The guys are going to be so happy.

    "Ready to go?"

    I looked over to my brother. "Are you sure she's not going to drug me and place me in a clearing for rogues to rape me?"

    My brother frowned but you saw he was struggling not to laugh. "Give her the benefit of the doubt. She's turned herself around."

    "And that's the only reason why I agreed to go with you like she requested." Yeah. She offered to make us lunch and we just sit down to talk. She has made a step I. Showing she wanted to date my brother. Both of us are still unsure as to her end goal.

    Clare could be heading in the direction of good. There hasn't been any rumors of her sleeping around. She even had baked the whole group a batch of cookies for the last day of school before we were let out. I kind of spit it out when she turned around as she must have confused salt and sugar. It was a nice gesture even if it was disgusting.

    The guys were out with Derek making a last minute Christmas shopping. Macy was working on finishing wrapping the presents she had bought and hid. She was up in the master with the door locked so no one saw what she was wrapping.

    "Come on sis. We only have a couple hours before the blizzard is supposed to hit."

    That's why the guys left to go shopping today. They didn't want us all to be snowed in and they didn't have all the presents. This storm is supposed to last days. Derek even had the generator checked out and the reserve gas tank topped off. The guys even uncovered the snowmobiles that were covered by a tarp in the garage. I found out everyone in the area had a snowmobile in their garages too.

    We were taking Franklin's hummer that was fitted for cold weather. Derek had taught Claw how to drive in snow while I was finishing my last paper before the winter holiday. My brother was happy to learn.

    We hadn't had to deal with snow before. In the city, there wasn't very much snow fall but once every couple of years. We had also been in a warm climate, so the chance of snow was lower because of that. So we haven't had a lot of experience with snow.

    Daemon and I already have an idea of where we would be to watch the storm pass us. Snuggled together in the family room with the fire going in the fireplace. Bundled up warm and together. I've been waiting patiently to do that with him.

    Claw got into the driver's seat and I got into the passenger's seat. "We'll only be there for a max hour and a half to make sure we get back before it gets bad."

    I smiled at my brother and we started on our way. It only took us fifteen minutes to get to Clare's house. There wasn't anyone on the road as I bet everyone was already hunkered down at home waiting for the storm to hit.

    We got out and walked up the Clare's front porch. Her house was a hit simple. Like the house I grew up in and nothing like Derek's mansion that I've called home for the past many months. It's one of those houses that you'd only really find out in the county with the wraparound porch and the wood panel sidings painted a soft cream surrounded by woods giving it its own beauty.

    Claw chuckled as he dusted off my shoulders. "You look good with a nice dusting on you."

    I ruffled his hair. "So do you." I laughed and he laughed with me.