Nine Boys...- Chapter 32

Chapter Thirty-Two

    The next morning was different as I came down the stairs. I could hear Derek talking to the Council of Nine with a raised voice. The guys had stopped me on the second floor as we watched Derek talked to them firmly.

    “She is not on trial. You are only hear to know the full extent of guilt of those rogues.”

    Alpha Wilde stepped forward. “But she commanded a rogue. Do you have any idea how impossible that is? Rogues hold no allegiance to anyone.” Wilde didn’t raise his voice. It sounded like he was trying to understand the impossible.

    Derek turned behind him and motioned someone from behind him. “This is Ian.” I looked over the railing to see Ian come to stand beside Derek. “He was once a rogue, but my daughter-in-mating helped him find a purpose.”

    Ian lifted his chin. “I had lost my whole family and needed a purpose. She gave me a purpose. The rogue that hurt her is beyond help. I see it with my own eyes everyday in the trial.”

    “But there is a reason she made that rogue kneel to her.” Another of the Council of Nine stepped forward. “These questions won’t go away after the trial.”

    “Curiosity killed the cat, Nigel. Leave it be. In time you will get your answers. Just drop your questions for now. Give her the time she needs. You can’t stress her more than she is being stressed right now.”

    “Then just tell us. That would sate us.” Wilde insisted.

    Before my brothers could stop me, I walked down the stairs. Everyone looked at me and Ian came over. “Please don’t my lady. They don’t deserve to know yet.”

    I cupped his cheek. “It’s alright. Trust in me.”

    He bowed his head. “Always my lady.” He took my hand and kissed it.

    I looked to the Council of Nine. Wilde smiled. “I can’t believe he was rogue. Such amazing devotion to one so young.”

    “I maybe young, but my father gave me wisdom. The wisdom to know that one cannot take what can be given freely if one just waits for the right moment. Now is not the right moment.” I could see my words were slipping into the Council of Nine.

    Wilde looked at me sideways. “These question will need to be answered.”

    I stood next to Derek who placed an arm around my shoulders. “In time you will. But you must give us that. Time. It’s such a simple request, isn’t it?”

    The Council of Nine looked at each other. Finally Wilde sighed. “A simple yet frustrating request, but one we will respect.” He looked at me. “Please don’t wait too long.” The Council turned and left.

    I sagged against Derek once the door closed. “Nina?”

    Looking up at him, I smiled. “Just give me a moment. It took a lot to not command them to stop asking. To hide who I am from them.”

    He chuckled. “I wish I had that dilemma. All I wanted to do was be able to command them to stop.”

    He helped me into the dinning room. “I bet you’d be a great royal king if it had been your fate.” I smiled at him and he smiled down at me.

    “Thank you princess.” He kissed my temple after he helped me into my seat.

    I looked around as all the guys came into the dinning room for breakfast. “Where’s Daemon?”

    “He’s out patrolling. He needed to burn off some of his anger toward the Council of Nine when he saw them show up. I asked him to go for a run. He turned on his heels and stormed out the back.”