Nine Boys...- Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

    My brother had his arms crossed and looking very grumpy this morning. He wanted to stay with me even when I went to school. Derek tried yesterday to get everything set up so my brother could go to school with us, but bring my brother back from the dead was a tricky business. It looked like my brother wasn't joining us and hopefully they will get everything settled for tomorrow.

    I hugged him the best I could standing on one leg and a forearm in a cast. "It'll be okay." I pulled back and he was frowning. "Derek told me that he was taking you shopping for cloths so you won't have to keep borrowing from the guys."

    He sighed. "I just hate that I can't go with you."

    Derek put his hand on my brother's shoulder. "Everything will be set for tomorrow. Today we will get you set up and ready so you can join them tomorrow without a problem."

    Nick just crossed his arms again. "Can't we go to the school and I could command them to let me attend?"

    Derek chuckled shaking his head. "Sorry son. We must do this properly. If things could work like that, I would have been up there and commanding them myself for you."

    My brother huffed. "I still want to stay with my sister. Can I at least turn back into my wolf and watch her at school. I hate shopping anyways."

    Daemon put his hand around my waist. "We should get going. Shane promises to help you to your classes in the first half of school."

    Nick threw his his arms around my neck. "We just got back together." His voice was sad and I could feel he was upset down to my toes.

    "We're never going to be apart ever again. I promise. We may have to be in two different places, but that will never be for long. I'll be here after school and we can be together. I bet the guys would love to see more of your game on the console."

    That got a smile on my brother's face. He had tons of fun battling with the guys last night. There was an upset when my brother trumped the high score on a shooter game. Lane had the high score before, but now my brother holds it. Lane so wanted a rematch, but it was bedtime for everyone and he couldn't get his rematch.

    "Alright son. Time to let her go to school." Derek tugged my brother away so Daemon could help me over to his beast. My book bag already on the floor waiting for me.

    My brother watched me go refusing to go inside till he couldn't see me anymore. I just looked out the window so I could see him for as long as I could too. Neither of us wanted to be parted so soon, but knew we had to be.

    Daemon slipped his hand in mine. "He'll be okay with my father. You know how close you got to my dad more than anyone. The same thing will happen to your brother. My dad is just someone people can connect with."

    I sighed giving his hand a squeeze. "I know. I just worry about my brother. He's been through a lot and all alone. I had you guys to help me. He didn't have anything like that. He had to bare his change by himself where I had you guys with me."

    Daemon frowned. "I know baby. Just give him time to adjust and to see that we care about the both of you. You're family to us." He pulled my hand over and kissed my knuckles just over the cast. "Our families are tied together as they always had been. Your mom, my mom." He smiled over at me. "You and me."

    I smiled at him. "I like the sound of that. You and me."

    He laughed as he kissed my knuckles again. "Always you and me."

    "Okay! We get it. You're mates. Stop with the mushy stuff already so we don't gag." Lane made some gagging noise with his brother.

    "If you can't handle it, ride with Franklin from now on. She's my girl and you just have to get used to it." Daemon told them just before we pulled up into the school parking lot.