Nine Boys...- Chapter 14

{Warning: This chapter may contain content some readers will find unsettling. Please know that its only for character development and insight to their personalities. I do not find such things acceptable, but as life has people like this I feel its my duty to portray my characters as they really are. Thank you and sorry to those sensitive readers out there.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Fourteen

~~Nina's Point Of View~~

    Everything hurt. When I say everything, I mean everything except my hands. I felt two different people holding my hands. Both familiar. Both made me not care that I was hurt.

    My eyes fluttered open and I winced at the bright light in my eyes. The sun was streaming into the room. Whoever was to my left and closest to the window leaned away. My left cheek felt instantly cooler when they had. I opened my eyes again.

    I looked to my left and found Daemon smiling to me. "Hey baby. Welcome back." My lip quirked up when he said 'baby' as I love how he says that one little word. "I hope you're not in too much pain." His free hand touched my hair and gave me a small light pet. "I have a surprise for you. Someone whose been waiting to see you."

    He looked to my other side and my eyes followed. I felt my whole face go blank and my eyes well up with tears. There sitting beside me and holding my hand was my twin brother. "Hey big sis. I've missed you."

    I started sobbing and he leaned forward hugging me. He was trying to comfort me, but I was just wanted to known this was real. That he was actually here. My right arm was around his neck while Daemon still held my left hand with his other hand resting on top of them.

    My head laid on my brother's shoulder as I calmed down. He had shifted onto my hospital bed and held me. Daemon even gave us some time alone knowing I needed it. We laid on the bed just happy to be back together.

    "So tell me about the guy that keeps calling you 'baby'." Nick moved my wayward hair out of my face.

    I blushed. "He's my boyfriend and my mate."

    "Boyfriend?" I nodded and he smiled brightly. "What makes him your mate?" It took a bit to explain to him about Daemon and the whole mate thing. Nick was upset that Daemon had treated me that way, but cooled knowing how much Daemon meant to me. He saw how much I was in love with Daemon.

    When the doctor came in, Nick had to move off the bed so the doc could look me over. I drifted to sleep half way through the examine. Nick's hand slid into mine as I fell deeper. He wanted to tell me that he wasn’t going anywhere.

~~~

    I giggled as I sat in Derek's hummer in between both Nicks. They were debating who was going to be called Nick while the other has to find another name. My Nick was saying he should get to keep it as he nearly died. Daemon's Nick said that he had been technically dead to the world so he gets to keep it because everyone would already know him as Nick.

    I looked at my brother. "We could always call you Claw. You get to keep your real name and we just call you by your nickname."

    He pouted at me as Daemon's Nick hugged me. "You're supposed to be on my side."

    I pouted back at him. "I don't want you guys arguing any longer. All I want to do is enjoy having my brother who I thought I had lost forever." Leaning my head on his shoulder, he held me.

    We had a long talk earlier while we waited for the doctor to discharge me. We each asked questions to the other about all sorts of things. He asked about my school and how I had been doing. I asked about our family and he told me they had died. That no one but him survived the crash. We talked about everything.