Nine Boys...- Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

    The bell rung ending lunch of my first day. The guys wished me good luck for the rest of my classes before the twins kissed my cheeks and took off their classes. I giggled at their energy and like that some of the true Mooneys were happy for school.

    I pulled my schedule out to see where my science class was. Seeing the room number, I groaned internally. It was on the second floor in section E. That was near the end of the hall upstairs.

    People were moving out of the way and smiling at me as I walked down the halls. I had a constant blush on my cheeks as I smiled back at them. It was different here than at my old school when everyone was used to me and my brother. I was doing this all by myself now.

    The second I was in the classroom and looking around for a seat, the bell rung. As I moved toward a seat, someone would instantly take it. All the seats were grouped into pairs with a lab table for each pair.

    At a table next to the windows, I was a bit shocked. Daemon sat there looking out the window with his notebook out and a pen tapping against the clean page. He seemed to take a deep breathe before he turned to me. I just slid onto the seat and started getting my things out blushing just a bit more.

    "I didn't know you had this class." Daemon bemused as he just looked at me.

    I shrugged opening my portfolio and retrieving my pen. "I guess I was already ahead in the science department with my other school." I had noticed that this was a senior science class. He nodded as the teacher walked into the classroom and called the class to order. 

    "Since I know how you students hate having a huge textbook to lug around, I've seen to it to make something a little more manageable for you." He lifted up a huge stack of bound and laminated packets onto his desk. "These will be your first handbook this year. The first of four I've made up especially for my students." He motioned for two of the students at the front to start passing out the 'books' to everyone.

    "As this is the first day, I want you all to complete a handout about your partner that you will be working along side for the rest of the year. I want you to get to know them. Understand them. Feel more comfortable with them. Your grades will depend on the aid of your partner over the course of the year."

    I glanced at Daemon and he peaked at me from the corner of his eyes. He had a small smirk on his face. I frowned as I accepted two worksheets and slid one to him. A shiver went down my back as his fingers lightly touched mine when he accepted his worksheet.

    Daemon shifted in his chair so he was facing me. "What is your favorite color and why?" He read the first question out loud. "Mine would be blue. It's cool and soothing." His gaze was looking right at me as I wrote his answer.

    "Mine's green because I like grass. The feel of it under my toes and the smell of freshly cut grass is so soothing." I blushed looking down. The fact that his eyes were green had nothing to do with my love for the color that I had seen in photos of him. I had long loved the color for the reasons I had just gave. I'd watch my dad cut grass just for the smell of them.

    My eyes landed on the next question. "What is your favorite food?" I frowned at the questions. Were we trying to know the person or are we in a dating workshop?

    Daemon chuckled. "My mom's roast beef with all the roasted veggies."

    I swallowed against the thickness in my throat. "Mine was my mom's apple pie. She made it with cinnamon and nutmeg."

    Daemon took my hand and I ignored the tingles I felt. "I bet you could make it like she had." I looked over at him and he was scratching the back of his neck looking down. "I wish I could have had the sweet breads you made the other day because the one you gave me today was delicious."