Nine Boys...- Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

    The next morning, my body felt so much better. I felt stronger and even more refreshed. Every movement felt more than natural. I had been clumsy a little all my life, but now I wasn't in the slightest.

    I was even bouncing down the stairs and jumped onto Nick's back making him laugh. "Someone has energy this morning." He commented carrying me on his back into the dinning room.

    Uncle Derek smiled when he saw us come in for breakfast. I giggled as I hopped down and skipped to my seat next to him. "Morning Uncle."

    He leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Glad to see you so bubbly."

    I blushed. "I don't know why. I just feel...right this morning."

    "Good."

    Out of the corner of my eye, Daemon was beaming and looking at me adoringly making my blush darken. I just busied myself with piling my plate with food. Even with all this energy, I was very hungry.

    The guys had grown quiet when I piled my plate a second time and ate. They were used to me having this kind of appetite in the morning. I haven't been so hungry even with my family. It just feels like I hadn't eaten in weeks, not hours. Something was definitely going on with me.

    Finally sated, everyone got up to leave for school. I frowned at Daemon as he lifted my bag up from the base of the stairs. "What do you think you're doing?"

    He shrugged taking my hand. "Taking you to school with me."

    I stopped and slipped my hand out of his crossing my chest. My eyebrow raised at him in question. "You can't just ask me?"

    His lower lip pouted out. "I just thought..." He looked down scratching the back of his next. "Too fast?"

    I nodded when he looked at me and dropped my arms. "I still don't know what's going on with me so please don't thrust anything on me." I slipped my hand back into his. "But you can drive me to school. That would be nice."

    A grand smile spread across his face. He looked so young when he did that. As if he was taken to a candy store and told to get anything and everything he wanted.

    He lifted my hand up to his lips and gave my hand a kiss. I shook my head at him and started to pull him outside. I stopped halfway between the door and his beast. My eyes going down to his hand before rising to his in confusion. It shouldn't have been so easy to drag him with me. I didn't even feel any resistance.

    Daemon pulled me into his arms. "I know you're confused. Just breathe and take it one step at a time. You'll know why soon enough."

    I pulled back and looked up at him. He knows what's going on with me. I can see it in his eyes that he doesn't want to tell me and hurt me by making me even more confused or overwhelmed.

    Taking a deep breathe, I nodded to him. I couldn't deal with anything else right now. He placed his hand on my lower back and stirred me over to his beast. I let him guide me over as I continued to take deep breathes.

    I was a bit startled when Daemon shot his hand out. "No way. Nina gets passenger seat in my truck." He gripped the back of Michael's collar and pulled him away from the door.

    "But that's not fair. She rides in the hummer!" Michael whined.

    "Not now." Daemon bared his teeth to his brother who scoffed at him.

    I smacked Daemon's chest and he looked at me stunned. "Be nice." I turned to Michael and smile. "Sorry. He's been acting strange lately." I shot my eyes to Daemon who shrugged before turning back to Michael. "Just give it time. He'll tire of me and be on to the next." There was a growl behind me as I got into the beast.