Chapter One

April's POV

"Good luck"

In the corner of my eye I noticed that my mum was leaning closer to me. I rushed a 'goodbye' and climbed out of her black Mercedes. My step brother smirked as we stalked further away from our mum.

However, my older step sister Belle looked nervous. We weren't new to the area or anything, just new to the school. Aaron turned his head and his eyes were filled with something I recognised as panic. I reassured him with a smile and we somehow managed to find our way to the school office to collect our timetables and books.

"Welcome to Summersville high!" A perky lady almost shouted at us. We awkwardly thanked her and waited for the things we needed.

"Aaron Edwards, your registration class is on the second floor in room 23" Aaron picked his books up from the counter and stepped away from the window so that Belle and I could get our things.

"April Edwards, your registration class is on the second floor in room 23 as well." I thanked the polite woman and picked up my books and stepped over to my brother who still looked nervous.

"Belle Edwards, your registration class is on the first floor in room 11"

The three of us stumbled around the hallways searching for the number eleven so that Belle would know where to go. She hugged the two of us before turning on her heel and entering the room.

"Its going to be awkward" Aaron mumbled as we ascended the stairs.

"Why? We know Chelsea, Kieran and Oliver who are in that class" Chelsea, Kieran and Oliver were our neighbours but only Kieran and Oliver were related.

Aaron and I were shoving each other around outside of the brown classroom door as neither of us wanted to knock. Accidentally, I shoved him using more force than necessary which sent him flying into the door.

He glared at me before knocking and we both stepped into the classroom. Chelsea shouted my name and waved her arm around which made me silently laugh.

"Are you the new students? Aaron and April?" We nodded at the tall man who was apparently our teacher.

I looked at my brother who's face was still bright red and he was obviously still embarrassed. He nudged me and gave me a playful glare and we waited for instructions from our teacher.

My eyes floated around the classroom and everywhere I looked there were a pair of eyes staring back at me. That was expected.. We're two people who they haven't seen before and we're standing awkwardly at the front of the classroom.

"Sit wherever you like" The male spoke after a few minutes.

Aaron followed me to the back corner where our friends were sitting. I sat beside Chelsea and Aaron sat on the side of the table since there wasn't room on the other side where Kieran and Oliver were.

"I'm so glad you're in this class" Chelsea squealed.

"Me too." I smiled.