8.8 The Hero's Play

Pietro was trying to help Vision stand. Suddenly, the android fell down and yelled in pain as the stone in his head glowed.

Pietro: What? What is it?!

Vision: He's here.

Peggy looked around the forest they were standing in. She noticed the wind start to pick up and the leaves start to move oddly.

Peggy: Everyone on my position. We have incoming.

The Avengers all grouped up near her location. They looked around, trying to figure out the nature of the disturbance. Then, they all saw a blue portal open up on the ground. Thanos walked through the portal, wielding five of the six infinity stones. They all looked out at him.

 They all looked out at him

Freak: Cap, that's him.

Peggy brought up her shield, prepared to lead the attack and protect Vision.

Peggy: Eyes up. Stay sharp.

They all charged at him, trying to attack. Steve leaped towards the large man. Thanos used the stones to make his body incorporeal. The Stomper went right through Thanos and became lodged in a rock wall.

 The Stomper went right through Thanos and became lodged in a rock wall

T'Challa pounced at the titan. Thanos grabbed him by the neck and punched him hard into the ground. Sam flew in shooting. Thanos hit him down with one of the stones.

Pietro and Vision looked on at their friends being attacked. Vision reached out to the fast man.

Vision: We are out of time. You need to get Pym.

Pietro looked at his friend before running off. He ran back into the lab and found Hank crouched down by the machine. It sparked and smoke billowed from its side. Wires were torn apart and half of the machine looked busted. Hank looked at him and shook his head.

Hank: It's too late. I can't fix it. Not in the time we have. 

The Red Guardian ran towards Thanos, trying to hit him. The titan pushed him down and summoned large tree roots to burst from the ground and cover him. Natasha and Yelena charged towards him next. Thanos hit them away with the Power Stone.