2.5 Under Siege

An explosion rocked the Helicarrier as Shuri detonated the bomb. The fireball decimated a chunk of one of the carrier's turbine engines. It rocked through the vents and blew up in the center of the lab, sending everyone flying. Peter quickly reacted and jumped before the explosion went off. He grabbed the closest person to him, Pym, and used his body to shield the old man from the blast. 

Out of instinct, Y/N shrank down to save himself from the explosion

Out of instinct, Y/N shrank down to save himself from the explosion. Compressing his mass gave him more strength and resistance to the blast. He fell down on the ground in his micro size and was covered by debris. 

Peter got back up and looked at the man he shielded

Peter got back up and looked at the man he shielded. His body showed a few scrapes and bruises, but he was fine for the most part. However, the blast had knocked Pym unconscious.

The ship was in chaos. Alarms were blaring everywhere alerting personal to get to their stations. Natasha and T'Challa were still recovering from the blast. Fury picked himself up and spoke to Maria Hill over his earpiece.

Fury: Hill!

Hill: External detonation. Number three engine is down.

Hill walked over to one of the agents working at a computer screen, assessing the damage.

Hill: Talk to me. Can they get it running?

Agent: Turbine looks mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there to make repairs while we're in the air.

Hill: If we lose one more engine, we won't be. Somebody's gotta get outside and patch that engine.

Medic came into the room. Y/N grew back to normal size and helped Peter put Hank on one of the gurneys. Peter heard what Hill said and looked at Y/N. They two were thinking the same thing.

Y/N: Think you can get it running?

Peter: I don't know. I might be able to. But I'll need assistance.

Y/N: You got it.

Peggy: I'm coming too. 

The three ran out of the lab and down the corridor towards the downed engine. Peter decided to take the high ground and went down a different path.