4.11 Family Fun Night

Ava Starr was sitting in Hank Pym's makeshift laboratory still set up in the basement. She had turned her father into the police before coming to Pym to see if he could help her. Hank was reluctant at first, but was eventually persuaded by Y/N to help their former foe.

He was studying her phasing and trying to think of a proper solution to her condition. The best he could come up with was a small chamber that would flood Ava's system with quantum energy to help stabilize her condition. It wasn't a permanent solution, but it would help slow down her degeneration until they could find a proper cure. 

Y/N was busy packing up some of the equipment, ready to transport it all back to Pym's proper lab at his house. Yelena walked in with the Stinger suit and laid it down on the table.

Yelena: Thanks, Dr. Pym. It was an interesting experience. But I think I prefer to keep my feet up here where I don't feel like a have to vomit. 

Hank: Well, I'm just glad I got some proper use out of that thing.

Y/N walked over to her. Ava looked at Hank before looking at the two of them.

Ava: Thank you. Really. For everything. I haven't felt this stable in years.

Hank: Hopefully, with a little more research, we can make you permanently stable.

Ava: I'd like that.

Y/N smiled at her before turning to Yelena who was grabbing her bag.

Y/N: Come on. I'll show you out.

Y/N walked with Yelena out of the X-Con building. They stopped outside by the street and she turned to face him.

Y/N: Where to for you now?

Yelena: Well, you still owe me a tour of the bridge and a Giants game.

Y/N chuckled at that.

Y/N: Yeah. And I'll make sure to give those to you.

Yelena: But after that, I'm not quite sure.

The two looked at each other for a moment before Y/N spoke again.

Y/N: Um... listen... my family's having a family fun night tonight to celebrate the Karapetyan deal going through. If you want, you can stop by.

Yelena: I may. I'll have to think about it. 

Y/N was quiet again for a moment before reaching behind him and pulling out a small item wrapped in a brown, paper satchel.

Y/N: I also wanted to give you this.

Yelena took the item from him.

Yelena: What is it?

She unwrapped the package and saw what was inside. She froze and her expression instantly changed. After a moment of looking at it, she looked back up at Y/N.

Y/N: I found it during one of Hank and mine's raids. I was just waiting for the right time to give it to you.

Yelena looked back down at the item in her hands. It was a framed photograph of a happy family. Her family. The photo showed her and Natasha when they were just kids. They were holding onto each other, laughing at the foot of the couch. On the soft sofa behind them sat Alexei and Melina, smiling like a married couple. 

Yelena: What...? How did you...?

Y/N: Let's just say I was on a trip in Ohio. I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd grab something that wasn't a junk piece of hardware.