2.3 Loki's Play

Y/N was walking through the halls of the Helicarrier. He had just taken off his suit and was about to join the others at the bridge. When he left his room, he bumped into a young teenager. Y/N looked at him before reaching out his hand.

Y/N: Oh, hey. You're Peter Parker, right?

The young man accepted Y/N's hand and shook it firmly.

Peter: Yeah. Good to meet you. I've heard about you. You're the Ant-Man, right?

Y/N: Y/N L/N, at your service. And you're the Spider-Man if I'm not mistaken.

The boy's face changed as he tried to deflect the assumption.

Peter: What? No. I'm not... I'm not Spider-Man.

Y/N: I've seen the footage.

Peter: What, you mean the stuff on YouTube? 'Cause you know most of that is edited and made-

Y/N: No, I mean the footage S.H.I.E.L.D. has on you. Dude, you remove your mask like four times in it. 

Peter looked down, ashamed of what he just heard. 

Peter: Yeah, I'm Spider-Man.

Y/N: Hey, it's cool man. I'm actually really impressed by your skills. I mean, you caught a 3,000 pound car that had to be going at least 45 miles per hour!

Peter: Thanks man.

The two continued their conversation while walking towards the bridge.

Y/N: Hey, if you don't mind, there's a question I've been meaning to ask you.

Peter: Alright. Shoot.

Y/N: Are your webs organic or do you use like really tensile wires?

Peter: You know, I've been meaning to ask you something similar. Can you shrink at will or do you need some high tech gadget or something? 

The duo continued their talk as they walked onto the bridge. They met the others who were sitting around the table listening to Loki chastise Fury. The two stopped so they could listen to his conversation.

Loki: How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?

Fury: How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did.

Loki: Ooh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the tesseract, to have power. Unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is. 

Fury: Well, let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or something.