8.6 Battle of Wakanda

In Wakanda, sets of troop carriers hovered over the grasslands of the African nation. They carried the Avengers as well as the armies of Wakanda. Falcon and the HYDRA Stomper flew in the air following them while Goliath stomped on the ground, running with the carriers. Natasha talked into her comms for their other flying member.

Natasha: How's it going, Happy?

Happy: It's taking a bit of adjustment, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Happy was flying in a new model of Steve's War Machine suit. He trailed behind the other two in the air, trying to keep up. He stuttered a bit in the air before readjusting.

 He stuttered a bit in the air before readjusting

Sam: You've got to keep up, big guy.

Happy: Machines were always more Tony's thing. Not mine.

Rogers looked through the HUD in his suit.

Steve: I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line.

The crafts stopped near the crest of a hill. The warriors inside leaped out and immediately got in formation. They were led by M'Baku who was shouted a chant the soldiers would repeat. He stopped when T'Challa walked over to him. The two shook hands.

T'Challa: Thank you for standing with us.

M'Baku: (Wakandan) Of course, brother. 

T'Challa, Peggy, and Natasha walked over to the edge of the force field barrier to meet the two alien generals approaching them. It was Cull Obsidian, now with a robotically replaced hand, and Proxima Midnight, one of the aliens who had attacked Vision. Natasha noted the absence of the other alien who was with her earlier.

Natasha: Where's your other friend?

Midnight: You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone

Peggy: That's not gonna happen.

T'Challa: You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood.

Midnight: We have blood to spare.

She raised up her sword to the sky, signaling to the ships behind her. The triangular vessels began to open up and unload their troops. The three heroes walked back to the rest of the group.

Yelena: How'd it go?

Natasha: About as well as our usual negotiations.

Yelena: Then I guess we're punching our way out.

Alexei: Good! The Red Guardian is up for a fight.

The super soldier stood tall and pulled out two shields he had been given by the Wakandans. One was strapped to each arm and he had spray painted his signature star logo on the sides.