6.4 Worst Fears United

Y/N slowly came back to consciousness. He drifted awake and opened his heavy eyelids. Looking around, his vision was blurry for a moment. He saw that he was sitting in the middle of a white room. He appeared to be in some sort of pit with a sealed door behind him. He was tied to a chair with his hands caught in metal clamps on the arms of the chair. His gloves were taken off so he couldn't hit the buttons near his thumbs. 

Coming too, Y/N thought he heard a few voices. They were faint and tough to make out. He could make out two men talking. They were standing on the platform above him. One was wearing a nice suit while another had a lab coat on.

?: What does the boss even want with him... kill him right now...

?: Patience... we both know how dangerous he can be....

Y/N's vision finally cleared and he looked at the men. He thought he recognized them.

Y/N: Starr?

Elihas Starr turned around and looked down at the young man.

Elihas: Ah. He's awake. I'd say it was just about time. That was quite a nasty bump on the head you received. Courtesy of Mr. Carson, off course.

He motioned to the man next to him. Y/N looked and finally recognized him. Mitchell Carson.

Carson: This isn't exactly the line of work I'm used to. Then again, when you're paid the big bucks while also getting revenge on a common enemy, you choose not to question the methods.

Y/N: Carson? You old scamp. Where have you been? I thought you fell off the face of the Earth after our encounter at Pym Labs. I tried to find you after S.H.I.E.L.D. collapsed, but you never returned my calls.

Carson: When S.H.I.E.L.D. collapsed, I went underground. I looked for anyone who would take the particles I acquired from Cross. And I must say, the good doctor here has found a great use for them.

Elihas: Thank you. It's nice to have my work admired. And we have not even scratched the surface yet.

Cross: Gentlemen, let's not forget who forged your reunion in the first place.

Darren Cross stepped into the room. He wore a darker lab coat. His mask was off, but Y/N could tell he was still wearing the Yellowjacket suit underneath. 

Y/N: Darren? You allied yourself with these two? Why?

Cross looked at him. He smiled before explaining.

Cross: Like I told you before, L/N. We share a mutual dislike towards you. We've been beaten, scarred, and discarded by society thanks to you and Hank. Some of us worse then others.

He motioned to his arms. Y/N looked for a moment before coming to a stark realization. Darren hadn't removed the suit because parts of it were now fused to his skin. The black metal and yellow leather were stuck to his outer body. Some of his limbs had been replaced with robotic ligaments because his proper limbs were too small in proportion to his body.  

Y/N: Oh my God.

Cross: But, we also share a bit more than a mutual hatred towards you. We all have big plans for the world. Engines of destruction that the government is just dying to get. And they'll pay good money to see these made into weapons. So, we went into business together.

Y/N looked at them. He then looked towards the floor and realized what was painted on it. It was a logo he'd seen before. It was made with just three letters.

Y/N: Let me guess. A.I.M.?

?