7.6 New Evidence

The Avengers were hiding out in a secure location. It was a base Natasha and Yelena had both used that was on neither the government nor the Red Room's radar, meaning nobody knew about its existence. The television set in the corner of the room was turned on. On it, Secretary Ross was giving another press conference.

Ross: Because of the events that transpired not only in Lagos but this morning as well, the United Nations has issued an arrest for the Avengers. Not only did they fail to cooperate with us, but they were seen kidnapping a member of our security team. Because of this, I am now forced to label Captain Margaret Carter, Natasha Romanoff, Steven Rogers, Samuel Wilson, Y/N L/N, Yelena Belova, Pietro Maximoff, and the Vision as criminals of the United Nations. A reward will be issued for their arrest as well as any information on their current whereabouts. 

Sam shook his head at the screen and walked over to the others. 

Sam: Man, I can't believe they've framed us like that. And after everything we've done for them.

Y/N: Leave it to politics to sway public opinion. 

Vision: It's as I said. Conflict leads to catastrophe.

Pietro: Bro, you need to learn to me more optimistic.

The group was looking over Happy, making sure his vitals were okay and checking out his condition.

Natasha: He seems to be alright. Healthy, fit for his age, mostly active. No signs of any major damage. He does seem to possess a unique set of skills. Enhanced metabolism, enhanced healing, and remarkable durability.

Yelena: Add that on top of his freakshow alter ego and we've got ourselves a real heavy hitter.

Happy: Thanks.

Y/N walked over to Hogan and handed him a glass of water. Happy thankfully accepted it and drank it all down quickly.

Y/N: So, can you tell us again about what happened? How you got these powers?

Happy: Well, I was working my usual shift at Stark Industries. I had gone into one of the bioengineering labs to see what they were up to. They have been working on this new type of formula. Some kind of physical enhancer. It was meant to help strengthen the immune system. At least, that's what we were told. Well, there was a fire and my team and I got the scientists out. There was one lady left inside, so I went in to get her. That was when one of the chemical vials exploded. Some of its contents spilled on me. Next thing I knew, I could do... this.

Natasha: According to your readouts, your transformation is chemically driven by norepinephrine flooding your brain's synapses.

Happy: Yeah, it happens whenever I get really angry. I'm normally a cool guy, so it doesn't happen that often. 

Y/N: What's it like?

Happy: It's a bit hard to describe. It's like I'm still conscious and can control my movements, but my body is reacting solely on instinct. Like when you're running in a dream and something feels like it's pulling on you. Somethings, I don't know whether it's me or my body doing the talking.

Y/N: Sorta like a primal instinct. That's fascinating.

Yelena: What about Ross? How did you become affiliated with him? 

Happy sighed and looked at them.

Happy: After my first transformation, Ross offered to help me. He had his own men look at me. he told me it was to try and fix me. They prodded me with needles and took various blood samples. I felt more like a lab rat than a patient.