6.8 MODOK's Fury

Hank sat handcuffed to a metal pipe close to the control panel for the quantum tunnel. Starr was next to the panel typing in a set of commands to begin the extraction process. Pym was on edge, wondering what could have happened to his protegee.

Suddenly, Starr was hit by an invisible force and fell down on his back before being knocked out. Y/N grew to normal size, grabbing the keys out of the mad scientist's pocket.

Y/N: I've been wanting to do that for so long.

Y/N hurried over to Hank and unlocked his chains.

Y/N: Guess I'm the one bailing you out now.

Hank: It's great to see you. The others?

Y/N: They're fine.

He took the cuffs off and helped the old man up.

Y/N: Come on. We've got to find Foster and get out of here. 

Hank: Wait.

Pym walked over to the control panel, hitting a few buttons. 

Y/N: Hank, what are you doing? We've got to go.

Hank: I recalibrated the machine with an addition of my own. I can use it to locate and track any being down in the quantum realm. 

Y/N: Like the Hubble Telescope for deep space?

Hank: Precisely. I can use it to pull them out.

Y/N: Hank, are you saying...?

Hank: I can bring them home. 

Y/N smiled widely. He walked over next to Hank.

Y/N: How can I help?

Pym looked over and grinned at his protegee. He then began to direct him on which buttons to press and what to do. 

Hank: We'll only get one shot at this.

The two partners worked together and pressed buttons and turned dials. Y/N looked over and smiled at his mentor. He then noticed something approaching them. He grabbed Hank and pulled him to the ground as a beam of energy narrowly hit them.

 He grabbed Hank and pulled him to the ground as a beam of energy narrowly hit them

MODOK flew through the smoke of the debris and looked at the two of them. He got close to Y/N who was using himself to shield Pym.

MODOK: Thought you could get by me, huh? Guess you aren't as slick as you think.

Y/N scowled at him as the giant head grinned.

MODOK: This is just perfect! The Yellowjacket has the giant man and with one shot, I can kill both you and Pym at once. 

Y/N: Then what? You sell your weapons while you watch innocents die?

MODOK: No. I get paid while watching innocents die. I already have a few parties interested in what I can deliver.