7.5 Battle of the Heroes

The Avengers were back at the Compound and looking over the footage of the explosion. Y/N was telling them all what he saw.

Y/N: I swear. The bombs were made by A.I.M.

Natasha: That's not possible. You guys shut down their main lab.

Raz: You mean sent it to kingdom come.

Yelena: They must have shipped it out before we encountered them.

Y/N: MODOK did say he already had a few potential buyers.

Steve: This doesn't make sense. First, Rumlow's men and now A.I.M.? Who is doing this?

Peggy: If we're including that, then we may as well include Rumlow himself as one of their clients. That explosive vest had to come from somewhere. And this seems to be A.I.M.'s calling card.

Raz: So the question is, who's the buyer?

They all looked at the screen, trying to determine who was behind this. Sam pointed to the news on one of the television screens.

Sam: Yeah, well, we may have to wait on that. We've got bigger problems.

The screen showed Ross with a sling around his arm speaking before an audience on behalf of the UN.

Ross: The loss we have experienced today is unreasonable. Its selfish. And above all, it's disgraceful. We do not know who the attackers were. However, the only evidence we have is this photo received by an anonymous source that shows Steven Rogers with one of the devices.

The photo that popped up on the screen was a little blurry. However, it clearly showed Steve holding one of the bombs. The one he took out just moments before crushing it. 

Ross: This is not enough evidence to prove definitively who was involved and a thorough investigation will be held. However, before the attack, the members of the United Nations were able to sign and ratify the accords. As of 11:00am yesterday morning, the Sokovia Accords are now in order. This alongside the evidence given to us as to the Avengers' involvement puts us into an unprecedented spot. If the Avengers had not distracted my colleagues, maybe more lives could be saved. So, because of their interference as well as the little evidence we have, I have ordered that the Avengers be arrested under Article VII, Clause 16 of the Sokovia Accords. I hope that they will come quietly and peacefully. If not, then I am afraid for both their safety as well as the world at large. We cannot continue to allow these criminals who act outside the law to spread chaos wherever they go. As evident by yesterday's events. 

The team looked at the announcement in shock. They were actually now labeled as possible suspects in the case.

Sam: Great! Now we're all labeled as criminals.

Y/N: Welcome to the club.

Steve: It won't be long before they come and try to arrest us.

Natasha: What are we supposed to do? We can't just fight the government.

Yelena: Well, we can't just let them take us. This whole mess seems off and we need to find out what's going on.

Y/N shook his head and looked over at Peggy.

Y/N: Captain, what's our play.

Peggy thought for a moment. She then turned around and looked at the team.

Peggy: Suit up. Get your things. We need to move to a secure location.