5.6 Safe House

The Avengers were at an all time low. They were in the quinjet flying high in the air. Each of them were still reeling from their experience. T'Challa was behind the controls while Y/N was talking with Maria Hill on the screen.

Hill: The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Rogers' arrest but it's in the air. 

Y/N: The Wakanda Relief Foundation?

Hill: Already on the scene. How's the team?

Y/N: Everyone's... We took a hit. We'll shake it off.

Hill: Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here.

Y/N: So, run and hide?

Hill: Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer.

Y/N: <sigh> Neither do we. Tell Hank to keep the doors locked. Continue trying to use any method he can to find Ultron. With any luck, he couldn't have gotten far and we can end this before more casualties occur. 

He ended the call and sighed as he got up to stretch. The young man looked back at his friends and teammates. They were all lost in their own little worlds. Peter was trying to get any of them to drink water. Only a few accepted his offer. 

Y/N walked over to T'Challa by the cockpit.

Y/N: Hey, you wanna switch out? I can keep us going until we need to refuel.

T'Challa: No, I'm good. Get some rest. We're still a few hours out.

Y/N: From where?

T'Challa: A safe house.

The quinjet landed near a secluded beach off the coast of Haiti. The team unloaded and followed T'Challa to a small house further inland. Y/N could see that Yelena was struggling to keep up and put his arm around her to help her. Thor looked around at the building, a bit confused as to their current location.

Thor: What is this?

Y/N: A safe house.

T'Challa: And let us hope it will stay that way.

The king entered the house and ushered the rest of them in. He looked through the house as he called out to someone.

T'Challa: Honey? I'm home.

From around the corner, Nakia stepped into the room. She saw T'Challa with the rest of the team and was a bit offput by their appearance. T'Challa gave her a warm smile and walked over to her. 

T'Challa: I brought some friends from work. 

Nakia: I can see that.

The two embraced each other and quickly kissed before speaking to one another in their native language. 

Nakia: (Wakandan) It is rude to not call ahead.

T'Challa: (Wakandan) I know, but we had nowhere else that we believed to be safe.

Nakia: (Wakandan) I know. I saw the news. Your team has made quite the name for themselves.

She looked over his shoulder at the team. Y/N raised his hand and waved. Peter tried to bow, but Y/N held him back, indicating it wasn't necessary. She then looked back at her husband.

Nakia: (Wakdandan) They better not bring unwanted attention. If they are seen out in the city...

T'Challa: (Wakandan) They will remain here until they can find peace of mind.