1.6 Training Time

Scott and Cassie were eating breakfast at the dinner table. Paxton had come over to talk to Scott about Y/N's arrest and subsequent disappearance. Scott was concerned for his nephew's well being, but knew he would be safe. This was Y/N after all, the same kid who had hid under a bridge for six hours waiting out a couple of bullies after school. 

Paxton got an alert on his phone and looked at the text message. His partner, Gale, texted him something interesting about Y/N's "lawyer". The old man was uncovered to be Dr. Hank Pym of Pym Tech.

Scott: Good news?

Paxton: Uh.. I don't know. It's news.

Cassie: Are you trying to find Y/N?

Paxton: Yeah, I am, sweetie. I just want your cousin to be safe.

Cassie: Hope you don't catch him.

Scott tried to hide his oncoming smile. In all honesty, he was kind of hoping the same thing. Y/N was a smart and good kid, even though Paxton may not have been able to see it. Wherever he was, he knew he would make the right decision.

Darren Cross swiped the tablet out of the researcher's hand and walked over to the examination table. He pulled the large particle sprayer above him and directed it over to the table. On the lab table stood a baby lamb inside of a glass container. After many failed attempts with previous test subjects, Darren had to get this one right. 

Darren pressed a few buttons on the tablet. The sprayer opened up as the particles were injected into it. It then let loose and sprayed a heavy dose of the yellow liquid onto the container. 

Darren looked back down at the container. He half expected to see yet another pile of sludge. However, this time, he smiled upon seeing the results. The container and the lamb inside it had been shrunken down to the size of a thimble. It was small enough that Cross could hold the entire thing between his fingers. Picking up the shrunken container, he smiled upon seeing the tiny creature. He flicked the bottom of the glass box. The lamb inside jumped and fell back in response to the loud noise.

From inside his laboratory, Hank and Y/N were watching the whole thing unfold on Pym's surveillance screens

From inside his laboratory, Hank and Y/N were watching the whole thing unfold on Pym's surveillance screens. Y/N was shocked at seeing the animal shrunken down to such a small size. Sure he had been through the process himself, but did it really look like that from the other side?

Hank: This isn't the first time these guys have tried to get their hands on game-changing weaponry.

Pym pointed to another screen showing a man in a fine suit.