4.3 Ghost Haunting

Y/N was riding on the back of Ant-tonio with a few other ants across a field. It was night time and they were sneaking their way into a storage facility. Some of the contents inside were former S.H.I.E.L.D. equipment. Despite everything the crates could contain, there was one crate that Pym was interested in. 

Hank Pym was watching from his lab using a few of the ants that were wearing cameras. Y/N decided to speak to his mentor as he was heading to the warehouse.

Y/N: Say the number of the crate I'm looking for again.

Hank: Crate number 208. It should be in the East loading dock.

Y/N: Got it. What exactly is this thing?

Hank: It's some old computer system created in the 60s. It was supposedly used for record keeping and equipment processing.

Y/N: That doesn't sound too dangerous.

Hank: That's what I thought so too. But looking into it, it appeared to be restricted to only the upper heads of S.H.I.E.L.D. Then it mysteriously disappeared off their checklist in the late 90s.

Y/N: So, whoever was using this thing wanted to keep it hidden. That sounds more like my calling card.

Hank: You're approaching the loading dock now. 

The ants flew towards the concrete building. Thankfully, it had long been abandoned. No one was around except for a few old security systems. Y/N stopped just a few feet out from the building.

Hank: What is it? What's wrong?

Y/N noticed a few small devices set up around the perimeter of the building.

Y/N: Motion detectors. Pretty advanced ones as well. One bug getting through may be fine, but a swarm of ants might raise suspicion.

Hank: What are you thinking?

Y/N looked towards the building. The area leading up to it was mostly dirt and gravel. He noticed a small crack in the wall on the side.

Y/N: I'm calling in the harvesters. 

Y/N landed on the ground between the large thickets of grass. He called upon a group of harvester ants who began digging a tunnel underground. Within a few hours the tunnel went all the way under the motion sensors to the building. They emerged near the crack and Y/N went inside along with his strike team.

Y/N: Great job guys. Take the rest of the night off. And tell your families I said 'hi'. 

Y/N ran through the crack and emerged on the other side in the loading bay. He signaled groups of ants to cover the security cameras so there would be no footage. When everything was clear, he grew to his normal size and began walking around the room, looking for the crate number. After a few minutes, he located it.

Y/N: Hank, I've got eyes on the prize.

The young man went over to the crate and was about to open it. He looked at the side of the crate where a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo would normally be stamped. The box was old and dust lined every corner. However, through all that dust, Y/N could tell it wasn't the S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem. In fact, it was one he was very familiar with from his high school textbooks.

Y/N: Hank, I think I know why this thing was taken off the radar. 

The crate displayed the HYDRA logo. The red skull and tentacles lined the box surrounded by a red circle. Whatever was inside this thing was not only old, but potentially dangerous.

 Whatever was inside this thing was not only old, but potentially dangerous