7.2 Put in Check

Y/N L/N steadily opened his eyes. He was at home in San Francisco waking up to a late morning. The sun shined through his bedroom windows into the room. Y/N stretched and turned to look at the sleeping body next to him. 

Yelena Belova continued to sleep with her body over one of Y/N's arms. She had the cover pulled up to her chest with one arm tugging on the cover and the other sprawled up close to the headboard. She had a slight bit of drool on her pillow as she laid there peacefully.

Y/N chuckled at seeing her sprawled out like a fool. She may be a trained assassin, but he knew he was one of just a few people who could get her to let down her guard and show her soft side. And the only one who got to see her like this. 

The young man gently removed his arm out from under her and kissed the top of her head, careful not to wake her. He then sat up and put on a grey shirt and shorts. Getting up and out of bed, he made his way into the kitchen.

As he walked down the hall, he noticed the time. Cassie was at summer camp and Scott had gone to work by now. They had the whole house to themselves. Y/N walked into the kitchen and began to brew a pot of coffee. He then opened the fridge and pantry door and began to make breakfast. He cooked up a few eggs and slices of bacon as well as two bowls of cereal.

Yelena woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. She walked into the kitchen, still a little groggy. She wore her underwear and one of Y/N's white shirts that was clearly too large for her. The blonde woman had recently cut her hair short as well.

Yelena walked into the kitchen and spotted her boyfriend drinking his cup of coffee

Yelena walked into the kitchen and spotted her boyfriend drinking his cup of coffee. She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Y/N chuckled as he felt her head rest on the midsection of his back. 

Y/N: Good morning.

Yelena: Mmmmm.

She was still tired and trying to wake up. Y/N chuckled again at her response and actions. She had become a lot more comfortable around him over the past few months. 

Y/N: I think I could get used to fluffy Lena.

Yelena: Mmmm Hmmm. Tell anyone about this and I'll break your arm.

Y/N: Yes ma'am. Noted.

He turned around in her arms so he was now facing her. They stared at each other for a loving moment.

Y/N: Hi.

Yelena: Hi.

He put his hand under her chin and brought her head up. The two of them shared a quick kiss. Yelena then went back to holding him, her head resting on his chest. 

Y/N: No one's home and I have the whole day off. What do you say we eat breakfast, get a shower together, and go to the park?

Yelena: Sounds nice.