1.8 Expanding the Crew

Y/N was standing in the kitchen with Hank. He was currently being berated by the old man, who was yelling at him for fighting a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Y/N just stood there and let Pym ramble.

Hank: That was completely irresponsible and dangerous! You jeopardized everything!

Y/N reached into his pocket and pulled out a small metal device. He slammed it down on the table, showing Hank what is was. It was the signal decoy. Pym looked at it and carefully picked up the device. He examined it and looked back to the young man beside him.

Hank: Well done.

Y/N: Wait a minute. Did you just compliment me? In kind of sounded like you did.

Hank: Yeah. I did.

Y/N: Hey, how about the fact that I fought a trained assassin and didn't die?

Hank: Let us not dwell on the past. We gotta finish our planning.

The two were caught off guard by the sound of something moving in the other room. Hank motioned for Y/N to get back and the young man got behind a wall. Pym walked out of the kitchen and opened the door to the other room. What he saw took him by surprise. It was Darren Cross looking through an old file of Hank's.

Hank: Darren. How the hell did you get in here?

Cross: You left the front door open, Hank. It's official. You're old.

Hank: Well to what do I owe this pleasure?

Cross: I have good news.

Hank: Really? What's that?

Cross: Pym Tech, the company you created, is about to become one of the most profitable operations in the world. We're anticipating $15 billion in sales, tomorrow alone. You're welcome.

While they were talking, Y/N remembered the blueprints to the lab sprawled out on the table. Thinking quickly, he reached into his pocket and put on the ear piece. He called on some of the ants to move the paperweights in the other room. The blueprints rolled up neatly before Darren could see them. 

Darren looked at Pym closely as he spoke. He then placed his hand on Hank's shoulder, holding it tightly. 

Cross: This company will be the most powerful research industry in the world. Any doubts you may have had before.... It's all in the past. This is the future. 

Hank: Darren.... This is all just a lot to process...

Cross: I know it is.

Y/N knew he had to do something fast. If he didn't intervene, Cross may kill Pym. He then got an idea. While they were still talking, Y/N walked out into the room with them.

Y/N: Dr. Pym, it's time to take your medication, sir.

Hank: Uh, yes... Yes, I think it is.

Cross looked at Y/N, puzzled. He then looked back at Pym.

Hank: This is my...

Y/N: I'm his nurse. Sorry to interrupt, but you know how he is in his old age.

Y/N pointed his finger at his head and spun it around to indicate a crazy motion. Pym scowled at him as Y/N walked up to the two men. Y/N then stuck out his hand in offering to Darren.

Y/N: You must be Darren Cross. I've heard so much about you. Dr. Pym has told me all about your accomplishments.

Cross: Only the good ones, I hope.