2.8 The Sacrifice Play

Loki looked down at the Avengers from his chariot high in the sky. He was disappointed by how they took out his leviathan. He had enough of playing games.

Loki: Send the rest.

The huddled heroes all looked towards the portal in the sky. They saw the rest of the army flooding through. Two more giant leviathons replaced the one they took out followed by hundreds of more soldiers.

Natasha: Guys.

Y/N looked over at Peggy with a grin on his face.

Y/N: What's our play, Captain Carter? 

Peggy: All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Spidey, I want you on perimeter. Web up anything that tries to get more than three blocks out. You know this city the best, so I also need you calling out shots. 

Peter: I'm on it, Captain.

Peter saluted her before jumping high into the air and swinging away.

Peggy: Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up. 

Thor swung his hammer before flying up into the air towards the portal.

Peggy: Your highness, you've got the most endurance out of all of us. I need you on the side streets where they're most huddled. Get the people out of those buildings and to safety. 

T'Challa leaped off the bridge and ran towards where there was the most concentration of soldiers and civilians. 

Peggy: Romanoff, you and me stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here. And Y/N, think you can take down some of the larger guys?

Y/N: Captain, it would be my pleasure.

Y/N ran back down the street and grew gigantic again. He instantly started smashing through the larger hoards of ships. One of the leviathan creatures saw him and charged towards him. Y/N charged at it before pulling back his arm and punching it right in the jaw. The creature was pushed to the side, its fin smashing against the building and taking out several soldiers. Y/N then grabbed its tail and heaved. He swung it upside down so it was on its back.

The still giant Y/N then grabbed a large street lamp

The still giant Y/N then grabbed a large street lamp. He used it as a spear and stabbed the creature in its exposed belly. The leviathan roared out in pain while struggling to break free of the giant man's grasp.

Thor flew up to the Chrysler Building and landed near the needle point at the top. He held up his hammer and summoned a thunderstorm. Lightning shot out from the dark clouds above and hit the tower, charging up in energy. 

Thor then redirected the blast towards the opened portal. Bolts of electricity struck the Chitauri army, disintegrating them to ash. Lightning struck the underside of a leviathan trying to come through the portal. It flew back up in pain, preventing another one of the large creatures from flying through. The two then exploded as the lightning hit their heads.