6.9 Holly Jolly Christmas

Hank Pym walked up to the small house in the quaint San Francisco neighborhood. He carried a bag of presents, some of which he admittedly had to shrink down just to carry. Looking to the side, he could see festive lights hanging across the roof and a wreath hung on the front door Shadows could be seen moving by the window.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door. It opened up as Cassie Lang looked up at the old man. The young girl was wearing a red sweater with a Christmas tree on it. She beamed upon seeing Hank.

Cassie: You made it! Y/N said he wasn't sure when you'd arrive.

He smiled upon seeing her excitement.

Hank: Yes, I came. I got a bit lost on my way here, but I found it in time.

Y/N soon joined Cassie at the door. The young man was wearing a blue Christmas sweater with a snowman on it, matching Cassie's. He tickled her and she ran off back inside the house. Y/N turned around and smiled at his mentor.

Y/N: Glad you could make it, Hank.

Hank: I hope I'm not too late.

Y/N: Nonsense. We've only just begun. Although you might want to get in here before someone finishes off all the eggnog.

Yelena poked her head around the corner. She was clearly a little tipsy, craning her neck back and letting her downed hair fall to the floor. 

Yelena: Detka (babe), you've got to come and see this game your cousin showed me.

She disappeared back inside as Y/N waved at her with a smirk. He turned back to Hank and shook his head.

Y/N: And I thought Russians were supposed to be good at holding their alcohol. Come on in.

He ushered Hank inside and took the presents from him, setting them down by the tree. Pym could hear Christmas music playing in the living room as he looked around, welcomed by the other guests.

Hank allowed himself to fall in with the festivities. He talked with people while making jokes and eating good food. He genuinely had a fun time. He felt like he was back with his family again. Now with his proper family.

The party lasted well into the night. Several guests close to the Langs were invited. Both Paxton and Luis showed up and traded stories. Raz appeared and talked with Y/N. Hank and Bill were talking about their years together and began discussing the prospect of starting a proper science-based business together using their knowledge. Even Natasha showed up to partake in the festivities.

When the time came, the group of friends and family sat around the Christmas tree and opened each other's gifts. Y/N sat with Yelena in his arms, both drinking from cups of hot cocoa. Cassie gave Y/N her gift. He smiled and laughed upon seeing it, telling Cassie he loved it. It was an Ant-Man action figure. He grabbed her and gave her a noogie.

Yelena opened her gift from Nat and smiled. It was a photo of the two of them together, having a good time on one of their sisters days out.

 It was a photo of the two of them together, having a good time on one of their sisters days out