136-140

Chapter 136 There is someone else who really controls all this

Mo Jiuye knew that these three people had some money and didn't want them to sleep in the wild like him.

So, I just found an excuse.

"You guys can go around the city if you have nothing to do, and find out the details of the Salt Gang."

"yes!"

After a few people responded, the figure disappeared from the place.

Back in the tent, Mo Jiuye told He Zhiran what he learned about the Salt Gang.

"Four years ago, the Salt Gang was rampant in the Salt Lake area and even grew in size.

After the emperor learned of this, he ordered the third brother to bring people here to suppress and eliminate the Salt Gang disciples.

After more than a month of casting a wide net, the third brother finally found the Salt Gang's lair and captured the gang leader and some key elders.

Therefore, there was peace here for a while. Unexpectedly, in just a few years since the last time the third brother was ordered to wipe out the Salt Gang, the Salt Gang had grown to such an extent. "

After listening to Mo Jiuye's story, the first thing He Zhiran thought was that for the Salt Gang to rise again in such a short period of time after being wiped out by the imperial court, there must be someone behind it.

"Have you ever thought that, on the surface, the Salt Gang was formed spontaneously by people with interests in mind, but in fact there is someone else behind the scenes who really controls everything?"

He Zhiran was not just guessing at this point. From ancient times to the present, which dynasty's salt gang did not have the support of a mysterious figure?

Mo Jiuye pondered for a moment and nodded: "It's possible."

However, he could not figure out who the real person behind the Salt Gang was.

Now that the Salt Gang is growing again, Emperor Shunwu should be the one to worry about.

What Mo Jiuye and He Zhiran said was just chatting!

Anyway, they will leave here early tomorrow morning. What happens to the Salt Gang in the future has nothing to do with them.

Mo Jiuye looked at the sky and reminded: "It's getting late. We have to go on a journey tomorrow, so get some rest early!"

He Zhiran was indeed a little sleepy, so the two of them tidied themselves up and fell asleep.

When I was sleeping late at night, I suddenly heard a loud noise.

Mo Jiuye and He Zhiran came out of the tent at the same time to check.

Outside the woods, flames shot into the sky.

"Hey! Officers, have you seen a few men with knives?"

Zhang Qing had just changed his job and went to rest. He was woken up at this moment and was a little angry.

"Who are you, making such a fuss here?"

The leader of the Salt Gang raised his whip in displeasure and struck Zhang Qing across the head and face.

"How dare you show off your power like this in the realm of our Salt Gang? I think you are tired of living, right?"

Seeing that Zhang Qing was about to suffer a loss, Peng Wang quickly ran over.

"Don't do anything. If you have something to say, it's easy to say it."

When Peng Wang spoke, he obviously had no confidence.