Till death do us part (Chapter 34)

"You're right. Adrastus would never do such a thing."

"Because she already aimed to betray you to begin with!~"

"Shut up! Who the hell are you two?!"

"Ophie, calm down please..."

"She's right. You're currently at a disadvantage, try not to argue."

Their sight had been completely blinded by the smoke that came from their necks. The flames that choked them had tightened when the girl warned them.

On their neck threatened a heat that could burn through their skin, even a single breath could close the contact with the fire.

"Tch."

"Could you please shut that girl up and let me speak to Rairi alone, please?"

"Alright. You're coming with me."

The person in front of them paced towards Ophelia.

The moment that Ophelia realised that they were going to separate the two of them, she gritted her teeth.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER!"

BOOM!

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

A glow came from the feet of the person in front of them, the blast threw them away from Ophelia.

The fire glitched out due to their focus being broken, and Ophelia shot up to her feet despite the red in her eyes being unable to see the figures around her.

"My my~ How persistent~"

Ophelia's arms wrapped around a body petite body, one that she is familiar enough with to be sure that it had been Rairi.

It doesn't matter it she can't see.

She can tell these slow patient breaths despite the danger in front of them belonged to only one person.

"D-Damn it! What the fuck was that?!"

"Her beautiful magic is being able to summon any kind weaponry, isn't it? From this world to our last."

Neither of them could see the disembodied voice, yet somehow, they knew that thing had smirked at them.

That thing had been from their world too...

A Devil.

"I ain't saying shit! Rairi, let's leave."

"I-I can't see anything."

"It's alright. As long as we're far away from here!"

Rairi went to her shaky feet, and Ophelia dragged her to the opposite direction of the voices.

"Did we get teleported somewhere? Needle and Daisuke isn't here."

"Shit. Yeah."

Ophelia didn't even realize such a thing, she just moved before she thought of that.

And Rairi had been thankful that Ophelia shook her off her head before things got worse.

"Can you follow them?"

"My feet are gone!"

"Pssh... Where is Adrastus when you need her? Oh well... Wait a moment here."

"AUGH!"

A hard wall shot Ophelia back into the ground, and Rairi thankfully had been able to catch her before her head had been hit.

"Are you okay?!"

"I-I'm fine... The fuck was that...?"

Ophelia rubbed her smoke-ridden eyes, and as it adjusted and cleared, a tree had been in front of her.