Out of our control (Chapter 17)

"What do you think, Rairi?" Ophelia glanced down at the girl with shiny eyes, and folded her hands.

"We can still do the drone idea, but wouldn't it also be better for them to ask around?" Rairi glanced down at the potions, and then pondered for a moment. It was a basic and general thought, but it she thought about how to actually apply it, her head was filled with cliche impossible scenes.

"Oh! We can mix a truth potion with our freebies and then we ask if anything here is weird!" Diwata grabbed a bottle from Ligaya's waist, popped the cork open, and tilted it down near her cauldron.

"Hey hey now..." Before the liquid was poured, Atheleme snatched it from her hand and confiscated it.

"Why don't we just give them a discount if they ever tell us something that would fit the Devil's description?" Atheleme pushed the cork back inside and fitted it back onto Ligaya's belt with pockets for potions.

"But my money!" Ligaya whined and spun the liquid in the cauldron faster than it should be.

"You mean ours?" Ophelia raised an eyebrow.

"Or maybe... You can act like the people should look for them, as if she was part of a hunting stunt! Promise a reward when they find the Devil, even though she didn't know she was a part of that game." Rairi's words spilled out of her mouth, and the sentences made the twins tilt their heads in confusion.

"Ah, that's a good idea. So that the people would lead us to the Devil?" Atheleme nodded and gave a soft smile, before she laid her palms on top of Rairi's and ruffled her hair.

"..." Ophelia's arm curled around the smaller girl's shoulder as she laid her eyes on the hair puff that was created from Atheleme's caresses

That girl had always been affectionate with short people, Ophelia knew.

Yet, her body moved closer to Rairi, her hand laid on the side of her head as she pulled her closer to her chest.

"Hm?" Atheleme tilted her head with a meek smile when she observed this behavior, and as she opened her mouth to speak...

"Hey! No fair!" "We deserve pats too!"

The twins huffed, and in one swift movement, Atheleme placed both of her hands on top of their heads and patted the two of them.

"Of course, of course. No problem."

"Hmph." Ophelia huffed as she crawled deeper into Rairi's body, her chin nuzzled on top of her forehead.

The shorter girl glanced up and their eyes met in a cascade of light. Rairi could swear that Ophelia had a hint of jealousy in her eyes, yet she turned away before she could find out.

"We should go." Ophelia mumbled, her gaze and straightened lips directed at the crowd.

"Mhm. Sure, we should give them a phone too, if anything does happen." Rairi ruffled her pockets and handed Atheleme a keypad phone.

"Oh... This is... Quite old." The phone laid on top of her palms, Atheleme poked the brick of a mechanical device as she grimaced.

"Old model! I know how to use it!" Diwata grabbed it from Atheleme's palms and grinned.

As the duo turned away from the three who sold their wares, Rairi's blank dazed look arched up in a smile.

"What was that about?"

"What was what about?"

"I thought I was the clingy one." Rairi stated, and made Ophelia's pout even more prominent.

"You are," she turns away.

"Uhh huuhh..." Rairi nodded in mock agreement, and her giggle was silenced by Ophelia's ruffled eyebrows.