City of Lust (Chapter 30)

"There isn't much we can do."

The veiled woman responded in the darkness, a short woman in front of her.

"But why? With all of this power, I'm sure we can figure something out."

"Not with her constant monitors."

"Who's her?"

"You know who she is."

"..." Ligaya had stood in between the walls that the two figures had spoken with. She covered her mouth, her breath silent within the surroundings.

What are they speaking about? Who is talking?

"Oh, is it that Amry–"

"Do not say her name. It will make her pay attention to you. You do not want that."

"Psh, like Voldemort?"

The snicker of the smaller woman had made the taller woman vibrate as she prevented her laughter.

"Mm, yeah. Kind of like Voldemort. And Persephone or Hades."

"I feel like the latter was too nerdy for me to understand!"

The cheers of the smaller girl made Ligaya widen her eyes.

That had been the same voice whenever she herself sings.

One that mimicked her own.

"Diwata...?" Ligaya muttered to herself, and the two figures immediately whipped their heads to the direction of the voice.

"Did you hear that?"

"Very clearly."

"Geez, isn't the point of eavesdropping not being obvious?"

The footsteps of a small figure came closer to Ligaya, and she held her breath.

Yet, she stepped straight into the shadows.

"Sorry! I was just passin by!" Ligaya gave a smile at the two and bowed over to the Priestess.

"Ate?"

"Oh, it's you."

The two women stared at the woman in front of the moonlight, before they glanced towards each other.

"Did ya hear anythin?"

"Yung... Her talk." Ligaya tapped the side of her cheek as she tilted at Diwata's darkened face.

She really had no reason to lie.

Since they have no reason to hide anything, right?

"But I'm glad you're finally talking to someone other than me!"

"H-Hey! I'm not that much of a loner!"

With a stomp and pout from her younger sister, Ligaya just chuckled and stepped forward in the shadows that covered all of them.

"What were you two talking about?"

Ligaya curled her arms around the waist of Diwata, and her younger sister leaned closer to her neck with a relieved sigh.

"Something something, helping us with the Devil problem, something something."

"It is nothing to worry about." The Priestess's head turned to Diwata that clung to her older sister.

"I simply asked a few questions about what happened to you three. It's not exactly everyday for us to encounter people with their necks snapped, much more surviving enough to be healed."

Her hands laid on top of her lap as she stood as straight as a perfect marble statue, the only thing that prevented her from becoming a painting had been the slight sway of her veil.