A Crush? (Chapter 8)

"Th-The hell…?" Ophelia blinked at the woman who made her shake her knees from just a single breath, yet now that same woman had started to sob for no reason.

"Oh my god." Rairi's voice had no tone, but her eyes widened. As she realized the situation, she let out a smirk and chuckled, "Oh my god~"

"Mi-Mistress?! Are you okay?!" The Butler was quick to exclaim, due to the panic in her eyes some of her accent slipped out.

"Uuuu…" Vaella's wails kept coming despite the panic around her.

Everyone but Kira-Kira.

As she simply gave a small chuckle and grabbed her arm, a grin on her face she tilted her head and asked, "Whatcha crying for? Seriously, don't be embarrassing! You're Vaella Wyngusher!"

"I'm following them." Rairi moved forward as the two of them moved deeper into the garden of dragons.

"Resorting to stalking now?" Ophelia gave a small sigh but followed along with Rairi. This girl really does turn weird when it comes to the relationships between women, and Rairi certainly doesn't get it. 

As they walked, another pair of footsteps behind them followed, and Ophelia turned towards them with a glare.

"Don't follow us."

"B-But, that's my mistress!"

Ophelia gritted her teeth and groaned. She had a point, but still, with their hidden reputation as Angels along with the fact that her Mistress was replaced years ago, she didn't want that fact to be leaked.

It would make both Kira-Kira and the current owner of Vaella's body to pass through so many things that wouldn't need to happen.

Even if Kira-Kira was someone she disliked, she was still her ally. 

"Just let her come with us." Rairi blinked up at Ophelia as she insisted. They had no reason to dislike the Butler, and she thinks that it might have been Ophelia's distrust that acted up again.

"No way." Ophelia glared down at Rairi with a sigh. For a moment, she pondered on what to speak, even if Rairi is a pushover she still didn't want to be mean and reject her straight up.

"What if she ruins their romance?" Ophelia leaned forward to whisper to Rairi.

And as she expected, Rairi widened her eyes with realization and nodded in agreement.

"You're so right. Actually, I'm sorry Miss, you can't come with us." With Rairi's rejection, Ophelia grinned.

Ophelia is so glad she's an idiot.

"Re-Really?! But why?"

"Because they're close. Couldn't you see the way she reacted? I'm sorry, but we can't really trust a new butler with their conversation." Rairi stared at her with the usual blank stare. Her words came out of her mouth so smoothly, and the confidence in her words made Ophelia raise an eyebrow.

“I-I see… I understand. Sorry, I’ll go.” The butler backed down fairly quickly, sweat covered her face as she stared down at the ground and dragged her feet behind her.

“What the fuck, you’re suddenly good at talking?” Ophelia couldn’t help her words as she mumbled to Rairi.

“Mm. I just acted like you." Rairi was an actor, after all. She just needed a few seconds to make dialogue in her head to speak it out in a perfect tone that she thought of. 

The duo walked towards the direction of the two, Rairi leaned over Ophelia's shoulder as she grinned.

"Haah. You're really happy because of them." Ophelia glanced down at the girl who had clear heart eyes at the thought of those two girls.