Kidnapped (Chapter 14)

"Ah... It seems as though that girl had been captured." A glow of blue and green pierced through the darkness. A gleam from their golden throne pierced through the darkness, the light commanded everyone in the room to pay attention.

"Already?"

"I warned her, yet she didn't listen."

"Wait, who's turn is it...?" A question lingered in the air, and the wind blew towards a woman in the corner.

"I-I think it's my turn, right? Ehehe..." The girl had a picture on her hand, someone who had worn the traditional Japanese clothing.

"Another weirdo?" A woman groaned and folded her hands.

A girl beside her raised an eyebrow and shook her head. "Hey, just because it's the truth doesn't mean you have to say it."

"It's been a while, Mei-Mei... I'll make sure our reunion will be as magical as I imagined..." The girl who stepped forward outside the castle kissed the photo that she desperately held close to her heart.

A picture of Meisa Kimiaki.

.

.

.

"Demon lord." Up above, the wind from the window whispered a message that came from Rairi.

"The fucking who?" Ophelia trailed her fingers over the edge of her cold rifle, before the metal eventually faded away. Now, the evidence has been disposed of.

"The demon lord," Rairi repeated. "That's what Yelizaveta said."

"Theres a fucking demon lord??" Ophelia stood up from her seat and dragged her palms down on her pants.

"I guess that makes sense. Who else would lead the Kingdom of Purple?"

"Yeah, but like, now that information is here, are we seriously up against a literal demon lord? That's bad, isn't it?" Ophelia leaned her face on her palms as she groaned.

"From how stories play out, it is bad, but I think they can defeat it." Rairi nodded as the gust of outside crawled inside their cold room, the air itself agreed with her words.

They can defeat it.

Rairi doesn't have to include herself in that.

SLAM!

"Was that a gunshot earlier?!" Meisa shoved the door open, her gaze straight over at the two near the window.

"Yeah, minutes ago." Ophelia shrugged at the girl who caught her breath near the door frame.

"I was wondering where you were, because you weren't down there with them." Rairi tilted her head as her dazed expression made Meisa grit her teeth.

"Because you all have suddenly grouped up and I'm alone most of the time! Where are they?!" With her wrinkles sharpened and veins popped, Meisa stomped towards the window.

She shoved Ophelia and Rairi away and peered down at the garden where the others had continued their conversation.

"Hey! At least be gentle about it!" Ophelia snarled from the push that she had done as she stumbled backward.

"Kuso..." Meisa gritted her teeth, her knitted eyebrows fully distorted her usual calm face.

"I guess that's true. You usually accompany Kira-Kira, but now since she's with Vaella you don't really have anyone to go with." Rairi stepped backward with her usual dazed expression.

"Huh. Yeah, I didn't notice that." Ophelia put a hand on her chin as she folded them.

The twins are with Atheleme, Rairi and Ophelia are together as well, and even Daisuke has Needle to accompany her.