Love has no sense (Chapter 31)

Hallways of marble, high ceilings and pillars. In the middle of the building had a shine of light that lit up the pavement below it.

"I'm so sorry you had to do this."

"It's no worries mate. Does it still hurt?"

Ophelia curled her arm around her hips and her other hand on her shoulder, their pace forward had been slow, but at the very least they were able to drag themselves forward.

Needle meanwhile had walked beside Rairi as her eyes laid on the two in front of her. Despite the emotionless gaze, Rairi tilted her head at her silence.

"Are you jealous?"

"Jealous?" Needle turned to the girl beside her, and she paused.

"Hm... I don't think so, I feel as though I should be the one taking care of Daisuke. It is my duty as a maid."

Or so she says. But even Rairi, who knew how to read people, could not reach the depths of her mind.

"You really are serious about your job, Needle."

Rairi had frankly been a little jealous towards her will as a Maid.

If only she had remotely the passion that she had, perhaps her life would have turned out different.

"If it were anyone else, they would have fled a long time ago. I have no other desires than to serve."

Rairi knew she had spoken of the truth, even Kira-Kira had run away from the responsibilities of being an Angel.

Much more a simple maid like her.

Though, this feat wouldn't make her simple would it?

"You are injured."

Broken words came from a disembodied voice, when we glanced at the lit up area in the middle, they were nowhere to be found.

"I heard from the villagers. You are supposedly the friends of those three?"

Our heads whipped to the side of the room, and covered in darkness, there the figure stood.

"Yeah. We heard you saved them. Thank you."

While Ophelia had raised an eyebrow at the menacing way that the figure positioned itself, she still gave respect.

"A priestess simply returns the blessings of ones who are good."

A step forward reflected light onto her face, wrapped around where her eyes should have been a piece of cloth.

"May I assist in her situation as well?"

Rairi and Ophelia glanced at each other at the same time.

"Please." Yet Needle answered for them.

"She's injured too. Could you help her?" Daisuke's voice peaked up.

"Of course. Please, take a seat."

Ophelia set Daisuke down, and Rairi assisted Needle to be beside her.

As the Priestess paced towards the two, Ophelia inched herself at Rairi and dragged her away from the others.

"You're good at reading people, right?"

"Mm?"

"Can you figure something out about the Priestess?"

"I wouldn't need to have observational skills to think she's suspicious..."

"Thought so."

"But I can't tell something deeper. With her covering her eyes and the robe that she wears, the only thing I could read is her lips, which is close to nothing in terms of reading someone's intentions."